Chapter 37

Major time skip!!!

Many, many years have passed. I am still not over Bellatrix. I miss her every day. She never came to find me. Part of me was glad that she listened (which she never usually did) but there is a huge part of me that wished that she did come and find me. I wish she would tell me she was sorry and that we can run away and never look back but I know she couldn't do that to Cissy.

I am now part of the order of the phoenix. We are about to go to war with Voldemort. James and Lily were killed at the hands of him but their son Harry survived. I left them a long time before little Harry was born. I moved to the centre of London to be near the ministry of magic where I work as an Auror.

This means I have never met the boy but I don't mind, he wouldn't know who I am anyway. It saved me quite a bit of heartache when I was told the news. I never even see Remus or Sirius anymore. I do know that Remus was a Hogwarts professor for some time and Sirius has been to Azkaban. He was a wanted man when he previously escaped, but he still hasn't been found. The daily prophet labelled him as dangerous and I tried to persuade them otherwise but I could have lost my job if I kept going so I stopped bothering.

I was called on a mission alongside Kingsley and Nymphadora. The funny thing is, Tonks is the granddaughter of Andromeda. I still don't speak to her but I do know that she got disowned by Druella and Cygnus. Both have passed away now which makes me regretful for not saying goodbye. But it is done now and after all, my heartbreak is at the hands of Bella's father. Druella didn't do anything to help her either I guess. But I still love her like a mother. I hope she knew I was sorry for leaving too.

We apparated to Hogwarts together. It looked nothing like it used to. Debris was everywhere and most of the building was in ruins. It hurt me to see it this way. All I could see was the beautiful architecture I witnessed when crossing the lake on my first day.

"Harry, it's so good to see you again" I heard Tonks say. I whipped my head around and almost collapsed at the sight of him. He looked almost exactly like James. He has his mother's eyes. "Miss, are you alright?" he spoke softly. I nodded my head. "Yes, sorry. It's just you look like someone I used to know" He smiled "you're Beaky aren't you" I nodded my head slowly. The nickname still hurt to hear, even after all these years. It also reminded me of what I have lost. I think he knew it hurt me because he rubbed my arm gently before saying. "We need to go to the department of mysteries. There's something I need to do"

We apparated there and he went up to a crystal ball, picking it up. "Hand over the prophecy, boy" I heard a man say. Lucius Malfoy, I've worked in the same building as him for years, without even realising he was a death eater. "If you do anything to us, I'll break it" Harry spoke so calmly. I couldn't believe his confidence.

My attention was drawn back to reality when I heard a familiar cackle. "He knows how to play! Itty, bitty, baby, Potter" the witch tormented. Uncovering her face from the shadows. A young boy named Neville Longbottom spoke "Bellatrix Lestrange" my heart dropped. It was her, the woman I had been mourning all these years was stood before me. She hadn't changed one bit.

"Neville Longbottom is it? How's mum and dad?" She joked. The others tensed enraged but I was too busy taking in her incredible features to care. I wasn't aware of anything she had done since I blocked her out of my mind completely when I needed to.

"Let's, everybody calm down" Lucius spoke as Bella held her wand out. She locked eyes with me and she must have realised something. Everything went into a blur. That was until items began falling from shelves. I ran away but I heard her shouting to people "leave her, she is mine".

My mind swam with worry 'she is going to kill me for leaving her'. 'I've angered her'. 'I'm going to die'

"Y/N, wait. PLEASE" there was a sense of sincerity in her voice. I slowed down before stopping completely. I checked there was no one around. "Bella I-" but I didn't get the chance to speak because she cupped my face in her hands and smashed her lips into mine.