Chapter 4

"Dilligrout" I whispered to be let back in. The fat lady was far from happy with me but that's her problem. I walked in quietly but noticed there was still some lights on. Sirius was sat studying, I came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped "Where have you been? It's well after hours Y/N" I was shocked that he even cared. "I went for a walk. How come you're still up Sirius" He scoffed "I was worried about you" he patted the seat next to him so I could sit down. We sat in silence for a while until he finally spoke "you saw her didn't you" I knew what he meant but I decided to play dumb "who?" I asked. "You know exactly who I am talking about, which obviously means you did" I just looked at the floor, I knew he was upset with me. "Tell me what happened please, I need to know"

I sighed knowing I can't get my way out of this. "Well, I walked and walked for ages until I found myself outside the Slytherin common room. Completely unintentional may I add. And I saw her leave. I hid from her but she must've already seen me because she walked towards me very slowly. Next thing I know she has me pinned to the wall. She was so intimidating" "Tell me about it. Anyway, carry on" "She called me a mudblood and asked if I was scared of her. Which, of course I was, at that moment" Sirius' face dropped "Why aren't you bothered that she called you that?" I laughed "I think you're forgetting something, what I don't know can't hurt me" "Touche Y/N" He relaxed a little bit thankfully. "When she finally released me and walked off, I thought it would be a good idea to follow" he shook his head disapprovingly "Don't shake your head Sirius because this is all very weird. I turned the corner seconds after her and she was gone. But, this was a corridor with nowhere she could possibly have gone" His eyes widened. He abruptly got up and knelt next to the fire.

A face appeared in it "Father, we have an issue" he spent some time explaining to his father the events via fire and I observed curiously. "Thank you for informing me, Sirius. It appears someone is using a polyjuice potion and that was not Bellatrix. She is underage which explains the disappearance" "Apparation?" "Exactly, now it is important that you do as I say. You must find Bella and make sure she is alright, you know how feisty she is so whoever used her for the potion must've done something to her" I hadn't a clue what was going on but it did concern me. Someone has done something to Bella and we had to find her. "Thank you for calling Sirius, you're a good lad. Please, don't hesitate to call again" and with that, he was gone. "So what now?" I asked. "We find Bella"

We quickly got up and headed back to the Slytherin common room. When we arrived Sirius entered, he had rights because of his bloodline. He walked up to a boy and asked where Bella was. He wasn't sure but he granted us permission to look around.

It didn't take us long to find her room. We entered and found her in bed, she looked to be sleeping but she kept twitching. "Someone has used the cruciatus curse on her" "Which means?" I hated to ask but when he said curse I knew it wouldn't be good. "It is the torture curse, it inflicts intense, excruciating pain upon its victim. If it's used for too long it can lead to insanity. She is twitching because it needs to wear off, the effects last for a painfully long time" I was shocked, how could someone do this to an eleven-year-old, it's inhumane.

We sat for a while until she woke "Sirius? What are you doing in here?" she asked, wincing in pain. Sirius was about to speak until I put my hand on his knee and spoke for him "Bella, it appears someone has been posing as you under the influence of a polyjuice potion. Do you remember anything at all?" She was genuinely shocked, she clearly had no idea of this. But then she remembered something "Alecto! Alecto Carrow was here"

Sirius' eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Bella, I don't mean to alarm you but we need to leave. You aren't safe here" She nodded in agreement and we got up to leave. We would have to go slow because of how much pain she is in but I don't mind.

She held onto me for support. I knew why she was in pain but didn't want to mention anything in case it upset her or brought it all back. We made it back to the Gryffindor common room undetected by Filch.

Sirius went straight to the fire and informed his father yet again. I sat on the sofa with Bella resting her head in my lap. She was still twitching. I ran my fingers through her hair to comfort her and listened carefully to the conversation between Sirius and his father. "You must keep her safe. Someone must be planning something and it can't be good. I will try and speak with Druella, she must be informed"