37.

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN—
B E N N Y's pov

THE CEILING WAS of a blank white. What a perfect representation for my emotions right now. I felt so blank, empty.. homesick.

It completely baffled me how that all wasn't real. It felt so, so real. I still loved her even if it wasn't. And right now I even missed her seeing how I'd see her almost everyday. All the time.

How couldn't it be real, just thinking about it drowned me with an overwhelming gloom, heartache.

It all never happened. Emily and I never dated. She never dated Phillips. We never dated. Her dad didn't die, and she didn't have to move. She never went into a time of depression that led us to taking a break. Her ex never came back which also led me into a small period of anger and idiocy. Neither did we have a baby together. We never fell in love.

My thoughts were broken by a knock on the door. I looked over to see Mom who walked into the room with a giddy smile. "Baby, there's.. a girl here outside for you? Oh she's gorgeous, is she your girlfriend!"

With that I instantly jerked up from the bed, without even answering her question. Though I would've said a big, yes. I quickly rushed downstairs and into the living room.

Once swinging the door open led a view of Thalia who stood outside. An instant smile spread onto my face and I quickly stepped out of the house. "Thalia!"

She cleared her throat, "Benny.."

Once noticing how close I stood in front of her I took a step back, scratching my head, "Sorry.. uh, what are you doing here?"

Her head fell slightly, "Well.. I thought I should talk to you?"

I nodded, "Oh. Yeah- ok"

With that I walked forward and sat onto the steps of the porch, quickly patting the spot next to me. Of course, I naturally was excited to see her. And it must have shown for she stifled a laugh, slowly taking the spot next to me.

Once sitting, slowly she looked over and sighed, "So.. you had a 'dream' supposedly?"

I slowly nodded and she did the same, adding, "Right. Tell me about it"

I cracked a small smile, "We fell in love"

Her brows rose and she looked away, cracking a small laugh. "Wow.. you and I, that's hard to believe"

I slowly nodded, whispering, "I know"

She now looked back, examining me for a moment before questioning, "Well are you still?"

"Still what?"

"Still in love with me?" She explained, her head falling slightly.

I stared at her for a moment, a smile spreading onto my face as I nodded. "Of course I am.. I'll always love you"

Her brows rose as she stared back at me, "Oh.. that's really weird. You hated me like just a week ago"

I now frowned, "No.. I don't think I ever not, not liked you. It's just- I thought.. you've always hated me?"