14.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN—
T H A L I A's pov

2 months later

Loud ringing echoed in my ears. With a grumble I brought my hand over, feeling around the desk before slamming on the clock that yelled loud and clear to wake up.

The ringing came to an abrupt pause and left complete silence. I took ahold of the tiffany blue eye mask and slowly pulled it up, squinting my eyes from meeting with the lit up room.

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes, sighing to myself as I took a glance around. After taking a moment to fully regain consciousness I slid out of the bed.

I carefully stepped over the scattered paintbrushes and paint tubes, walking over towards the closet. I searched through the clothes and ended up with a fitted v- neck black and white striped top paired with a simple pair of loose jeans. I've come to like these baggy jeans, they're comfortable.

My hair, I kept it loose and down. Once heading to the bathroom to finish with my other essentials and I made my way out of the house. Surprisingly it was sunny and warm seeing it was now fall.

Today, I had decided to head to the sandlot. I haven't gone in a bit, just because I wanted to be by myself a little more. And seeing Benny I'm sure would've made it much more difficult too.

I walked past the chain link fence and onto the field. A small smile cracked at my lips at the sight of the group playing. My gaze soon flickered over to see Devora who was sat at the dugout.

She seemingly noticed my stare and looked up, immediately gasping. "Lia! Yes, you came!"

I smiled and nodded my head in response. She shot up from the bench and walked over, she seemed like she was about to speak when getting cut off by a loud shout.

"Lia!" Squints shouted with a gasp.

My eyes followed the group that ran over, excited smiles painted on their faces. I was suddenly taken by the shoulders and shook around.

"Where the hell have you been huh?" Kenny questioned and shook me around.

"Yeah you just left us!" Squints added, his arms throwing around.

My face fell to a frown. "Oh. I'm sorry. I just.." I paused to scratch my head unsurely. "Well you know, been dealing with some stuff"

Though they frowned they nodded their heads understandingly. "Yeah yeah, we heard.." Yeah-Yeah trailed off and looked down to the ground.

"Are you ok?" Tommy piped amongst the group.

I sent him a smile. Tommy of course was more on the shyer side when not repeating his brother. "Yeah. I'm alright.. but enough about that"

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a glove. "I brought my glove!"

Immediately their faces lit up with cheers. They all whirled around and took off for the field. I let out a small laugh and slowly followed behind, meeting eyes with Benny who stood behind in the process.