6.

cw: this chapter does have talk of eating habits

CHAPTER SIX—
T H A L I A's pov

I WAS CERTAINLY not excited to see Emily again and hear her harsh words. She really was the sole purpose of my doubt within myself and having her back, was going to be rough.

It was just about two weeks into the school year and my mind was already flooding with thoughts of her and her preppy friends remarks towards me.

It surprised me that she was still going with it. It's been months later and she still hates me. I would too if I were her, but I wouldn't go this far.

My gaze was held on the cat that laid by me, lightly I stroked her soft black fur. There was a knock at my door that pulled me out of my thoughts and I turned over to see Andrew.

"Hey, your boyfriend is here!" He called, his head peeking into the room briefly before walking out.

I sighed, giving the cat one kiss on the top of her head before standing up from the bed. I made my way down the stairs and though my mind wasn't exactly in the right space I smiled once seeing Benny.

He sent me one back before I looked away to see Mom who was scrambling around the place while Aurora sat at the table and laughed, drinking some pink colored drink in a glass cup. Pretty sure it was some sort of alcohol.

"Shit! How are you not supposed to burn this. I can't do this!" Andrew who was stood at the stove exclaimed.

Mom grumbled and snatched the spatula away from him. "You idiot. What's the matter with you huh, you don't have eyes? The heat is on high"

They continued to scramble around while Mom continued to scold him. Valerie who stood and watched, laughed. "I like your family"

I cracked a small smile and shook my head, turning towards Benny. "Yeah well, it looks like they're going to take forever"

With that I whirled around and made my way back up the stairs. I walked into the room and sat at my desk, spinning myself around while I fiddled with the charm on my necklace.

After a few moments I looked over to see Benny who was laid on the bed, Lola brought on his chest while he petted her head.

I rolled my eyes, though cracked a smile and called. "Lola! You trader, get off"

Benny looked over, a smirk slowly spreading onto his face. "Awe, you don't have to be jealous. It's ok"

My mouth fell slightly. "Jealous. No, no. I'm concerned for my cat's well being seeing she is willingly going to you"

He rolled his eyes. Sighing as he waved me over. "Yeah, sure come here"

My head fell back with a groan and I reluctantly rolled the chair over. "What?"

He gave me a bored look and patted the spot next to him. I sighed and stood up, tiredly plopping down onto the bed.

My fingers lightly tapped onto my stomach while I stared up at the ceiling. Slowly I looked over towards Benny as he continued to give Lola pets.