24.

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR—
T H A L I A's pov

MY FINGERTIPS LIGHTLY ran through the cats soft, black fur. Lola, was laid on my chest while I lay flat, deeply comfortable in the cushion of the bed.

My gaze held on the blank white ceiling of the bedroom, and a knock at the door is what pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked over to see Andrew, who simply took a bite out his apple before speaking. "Moms calling you"

And with that he closed the door, leaving me to sigh before picking up Lola and standing up from the bed.

I set her onto the floor before stepping out of the room. My hand traced down the cold black metal of the stairs railing as I walked down the steps that led into the living room.

I passed through the living room and into the kitchen to meet with Mom who held a phone between her ear and shoulder, while she flipped through the papers that were scattered on the counter.

She glanced up, her brows raising slightly. And as she continued to speak to whoever on the phone, she motioned towards the pan on the stove.

My eyebrows knit. "What?"

She rolled her eyes and briefly pulled the phone away from her ear. "My god- would you take that to Aurora alright?"

Instantly my heart sunk. Of course, I hadn't really expected any of this stuff with Benny to happen, therefore I hadn't spoken of it to my mother.

With a slight shake of my head I cleared my throat. "Uh.. I can't exactly do that"

She grumbled, now showing clear signs of frustration. "Thalia. Seriously. Now, let's go. We haven't seen them in a while, what's the problem?"

With that she went back to the person on the phone, leaving me to sigh. Reluctantly, I turned around and slipped on my usual pair of converses.

I walked back to the kitchen and took the pan off the stove, putting on a smile towards Mom who waved at me.

So now here I was, walking down the sidewalk to deliver some food to the mother of my once dear boyfriend. Great.

While I walked down the sidewalk, left me to see what she actually made. In the round glass pan that was held in my hand, was a warm, freshly baked apple pie.

Wow, she doesn't even make this stuff for us. Me or Andrew. Rude.

After a few minutes of walking, the familiar house that belonged to the Rodriguez's came into view.

I walked up the porch steps and knocked onto the front door. After a few moments, knocking a few more times and getting nothing, I huffed and stepped back down the porch.

My fingers lightly tapped onto the sides of the pan, thinking to myself. After a moment I sighed and shrugged, whirling around to walk off.

I had just stepped onto the porch steps when the front door opened behind me.

"Wait, wait!" A voice called out.