28.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT—
T H A L I A's pov

THE DAY WAS rough. Rough because not only I had grew to feel even more sick, but I now knew I had a baby growing inside of me.

A baby. Even saying it to myself felt unbelievable. The words were just.. foreign almost, unnatural, impossible.

Not only that, but I had to pretend like everything was a-ok the entire day. At school, then after school at the sandlot.

The boys, weren't too bad to deal with. Kenny, Bertram, and Scotty were mostly the ones to ask if I was alright, and if anything was the matter. But when they did, I of course reassured that I was fine and had just a small bug, surprisingly they left me alone.

But Benny, oh Benny. He certainly knew something was up. And unlike the boys he would not leave me alone. Through the passing periods at school, at lunch, every break we'd take at the dugout, and every time Devora would have to scold him to leave it.

So now here I was, walking along side with Scotty, and of course, Benny following behind as we all like usual were left last to walk home.

But also like usual, Scotty had come to meet his house, and he waved at me. "See you Lia, feel better ok?"

I managed a smile, and nodded. "Yeah, ok.. bye Scotty"

With that he turned around on his feet and walked off, leaving me to watch him and wish he'd come back for I was now left with Benny. And there was no Devora to scold him anymore.

Slowly, I turned back to meet with Benny who stood in front of me, noticeable that he was waiting and eager for Scotty to leave so he could interrogate me some more.

With that thought, I quickly turned away and walked forward, continuing down the sidewalk without a word.

He sighed, surprisingly not starting with his questions. He followed behind, and an uneasy silence fell.

Now walking along side me he muttered, "You're quiet.." Almost noting to himself a factor of my odd behavior.

I continued to stare at the ground, quietly walking until he let out a huff, "Would you tell me what's wrong?"

When seeing I hadn't replied he stopped in his tracks, and when seeing I didn't follow and pause, he snatched ahold of my arm and pulled me back.

Now being whirled back to face him I huffed, "What?"

He let out a disbelieved laugh. "What? What do you mean what, what's wrong?"

I shook my head, lowering my gaze to the ground and muttered, "Nothing"

"Thalia. Lying to me is pointless, I know there's something. You can tell me" he said, his tone showing traces of frustration now.

I stared at him before a moment, sucking in a sharp breathe. "But.. oh but I'm scared" I admitted and began fiddling with my fingers.

"Scared?" His brows now knit.

I quickly nodded to which he sighed, "Well.. I'm sure whatever it is, its not that bad. You can tell me"