12.

CHAPTER TWELVE—
T H A L I A's pov

THE SHELVES WERE scattered with many baseball bogleheads toys, trophies, and baseballs in cases. I brought my hand up and tapped one of the heads to make it shake.

"Boing boing" I muttered under my breathe and lightly laughed as I watched the toy.

I sighed, taking a step back and turned around to see Benny who was still sat at his desk, scribbling away on a paper.

His eyebrows were knit together, his jaw slightly clenched and though he looked to be in concentration he also held a look of stress.

I glanced at the clock and frowned, slowly walking over towards him. "Benny.. I have to get going"

He nodded and simply hummed in response. "Mhm.. ok"

I stepped closer and looked over his shoulder to see the papers scattered along his desk. "What are you doing?"

Without looking at me he replied, "Homework"

I cracked a small smile. "Math?"

"Yup"

I slowly nodded my head, my lips pursed and I walked over to stand next to him. "I can help you"

"You just said you had to leave?" He questioned, his eyes remained darted onto the paper in front of him.

"Yeah.. but, I mean. I can stay a little longer to help. Devora wouldn't mind. Plus, you should sleep" I explained with a shrug.

Now he looked up at me, his eyebrows slowly softening as he shook his head. "No.. I don't want you doing my work"

I rolled my eyes at his statement. "Pfft- ok, this stuff is cake. I'd be done like that"

He shook his head at me. "No, Thalia. I'm being serious, it's alright"

My head fell back, and with a huff I reluctantly nodded. "Fine. Fine.. but would you sleep? You've been here for like the past two hours!"

He glanced at me, rolling his eyes with a sigh. "Fine, mom"

I lightly scoffed and stepped back once he stood up from the chair. "Oh shut up and go to sleep. And stop stressing, "I don't like it" I quoted with a smirk.

He shook his head at me and pecked my lips before walking past. My eyes followed on him as he dug through his drawers.

Slowly I looked back down the desk with papers. I chewed onto this inside of my cheek and briefly glanced back at him before picking up the paper he was working on.

With a light sigh I folded the paper and placed it into the white bag I held in my other hand. Once slowly zipping up the bag in attempt to not make any noise I finally turned around.

I watched as he continued to search in his drawers. "Good night"

He glanced back and sent me a smile. "Night"

Once returning him a smile I turned around and pushed myself forward to walk out of his room. I walked down the stairs and slowed down my pace once seeing Valerie who was sat on a rocking chair in the corner, her head in a book.