13.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN—
T H A L I A's pov

THE AIR WAS warm. The sun was beating down at me and I could already notice my arms appeared to be growing just a smidge tanner than before.

But with the harsh sun only made this headache I possessed even worse. Of course, like most days I skipped breakfast. This morning I'll say was rough.

And now I suppose I was paying the consequences because I felt to be a bit lightheaded. Though I still agreed to come to the sandlot, just to make Benny happy.

I swung the bat around a few times. I met eyes with Kenny who stood in front of me, he sent me a smile to which I managed to return.

"Alright Denunez, give it here" I called out, swinging the bat once more.

He smiled and wound the ball, pitching it straight at me. I swung the bat and once hearing a familiar crack I took off towards the bases.

Though, as I was running the familiar lightheaded feeling washed over me, and because I was running it was much intense.

I felt heavy, and with that I slowed down my pace. Stopping right in between the two bases. I rubbed my eyes with a small groan, and muttered under my breathe. "Oh fuck"

"Lia! What are you- hello, the base is right there!" Squints called out, his hand frantically motioning towards the base.

I lowered my hand to see them all staring at me. "What? Oh- yeah.. I just need some water"

With that I walked off the field without even waiting to see their responses. Though I'm sure they were confused. My hand rubbed onto my eyes when suddenly I was whirled around.

Benny who had grabbed ahold of my arm stopped me. "Are you alright?"

I looked up and nodded. "Yeah.. I'm fine. I told you I just need some water"

He slowly nodded his head, his hand slipping off my arm. "Ok.. it gets to hot for you, just tell me ok?"

I sent him a nod and smile before turning around. I walked over towards the dugout and sat down, holding onto my head as I pulled out a water bottle.

I took a few sips and stared at the ground when out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone had taken a seat next to me.

Devora sighed, a concerning look on her face. "Lia.. I'm worried about you"

I glanced up, my eyebrows knitting together. "What? Why? I'm ok, it's just hot out here"

"No.. you're not. And I'm not talking about that" she paused and motioned up towards her head. "I'm talking up here. Mentally"

My face pulled into confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Lia.. look. It's ok to not be ok. You've gone through a lot. You've been getting bullied by that little trashy bitch, your dad died.. and you had to leave your home just right after" she went on, placing her hand onto my shoulder.

"And now. You're putting your own happiness aside for another person. I see it. You're not alright" she added with a frown.