18.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN—
T H A L I A's pov

THE SOFT MUSIC played in the room through the radio. I lightly hummed along as I kept my focus on my nails, though just a few held a fresh coat of pale light blue polish.

The calming sense was then broken when the phone right on the desk I sat at erupted into loud ringing.

I slowly looked over, huffing deeply in attempt to contain myself and snatching up the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke, hoping my frustration wasn't clear.

"Girl! Ok, ok.. I'm going to tell you something. But please don't be mad at me?" Devora's voice spoke back.

My eyebrows rose suspiciously. "Depends what it is"

She huffed. "Ok well that didn't help. It's just- I kind of.. got us invited to a party?"

My eyes squinted. "Kind of? No, no there's no kind of. What do you mean?"

"Just.. Oh see you're mad. Look, look. I didn't even mean for it to happen. In fact, it's not even my fault. It's Claudia—

Devora was cut off when I got a new incoming call. "Hold on Dev, someone else is calling me"

With that I hung up and answered the new call I had received, placing the phone back to my ear I spoke. "Hello?"

"Thalia!" Claudia's voice erupted.

"Mhm?" I simply hummed.

"Oh no.. she already told you didn't she?" She slowly questioned.

I nodded, examining my nails. "Uhuh. What is this party, Claud?"

She sighed. "Ok it's not much a 'party' per se more like.. a kickback! With some people Ava and I met"

I rolled my eyes unconvincingly. "Right.. a kickback"

"Yeah! Come on, I swear it'll be fun" she insisted.

I simply sighed, slowly nodding my head. "My gosh. Fine.. fine"

Suddenly Devora's voice again bursted, still seemingly on the line. "Yes it worked!"

"Devora!" Claudia grumbled.

Devora let out a gasp. "Uh- oops. Ok see you soon Lia!"

With that they both cut off their lines, leaving me to grumble and toss the phone back onto the desk.

"What do I wear!"

My hands ran through my hair while I scanned over the many piles of clothes scattered all along the floor and bed.

I stomped towards the closet and began throwing out a few articles of clothing. I hadn't noticed the two that stood up in attempt to help but got a face full of clothes.

I turned around, pressing my lips together to hold in a laugh when seeing Devora and Claudia. "Oops my bad"

Devora simply scoffed and threw off the shirt that was slapped on her face. "Sure 'my bad' shut up!"