Attack

Madeline's Pov.

The spell. It was forbidden. But so was the torture curse. And it had been casted on me.

I was in a pitch black room. I saw a light. I started to walk toward it. It was too much like a clichè for my liking. I walked away from it. It began to chase me. I began to run. She was in it. My first mom. She was in the light. I wanted so badly to run to her. Her mouth moved, but no words cave out. Quickly, I made out the word. Trust. She wanted me to trust someone. No problem. Okay, maybe a little problem.

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in an unfamiliar room. Bound, and without my wand. I saw it on the table. It was in a box next to someone else's. I was exceedingly tired; I wouldn't be able stay awake too long. I saw the walls. They had runes on them. No way do I stay awake too long, and no way will anyone find me. Eventually, if anyone even looks, they'll give up. I saw a body. Green robe; brown hair; black pointed hat.

McGonagall.

So that was how the stranger got me. He had to make sure the real McGonagall didn't waltz up. She was on the other bed in what seemed to be a blue cell. She was also bound, and gagged. I stood up, but sat back down as dizziness settled on me. The runes were getting to me. Damn it.

I feel back into a dreamless sleep.

____________________________________________________________________

McGonagall's Pov.

Flashback:

I was in my office and Madeline walked in. I hopped up. "Maddie," I said. She must've been crying because she had red eyes. Bloodshot. And she must've tried Transfiguring, or making a potion, it to look normal, but only managed to make her eye color turn light brown that looked gold. Her hair was in a sloppy ponytail.

"Don't get too exhilarated. I'm actually here to stop you from getting your hopes up."

"Maddie?" I was worried for a moment. No, I was scared. No, I was terrified.

She took a deep breath. "I won't be coming back to Hogwarts. It was a mistake to stay in the first place," she said in one breath. My heart broke along the way.

"Maddie, why? You shouldn't leave just because of our argument." I came out from behind my desk. Leaving my wand on my desk.

"That's only one of the reasons, Minerva. I miss my brother. I want to see my home, my family, again. I'm sure their worried I didn't tell them I was leaving. I wasn't even thinking about any of that. I was -as Poppy said- conflicted."

I was immediately on guard. "When I first saw you, you were with orphans. You said you were an orphan. You call me McGonagall, and you call Poppy Pomfrey. And you weren't in the room when Poppy talked to me about you. Who are you?" I demanded.

Her face turned into a cruel smile. "Well aren't we smart. Too bad. The wrench figured it out before you did."

She started to utter a forbidden spell. I tried to bring out my wand, but it was in my desk. I started toward my desk but blacked out.

End of flashback.

I woke up in a blue cell on a bed. I sat up, and quickly found out I was bound. I tried to ask what was going on, but I was gagged too. I saw my wand on a table with someone else's. I sat up and saw another body. Black hair in a perfect braid; Gryffindor robe; blue eyed owl necklace.

Madeline.

Maybe this was the real her. After all, why would the kidnapper bind themselve to trick me again; they had already given away that they weren't Madeline. I watched her toss and turn. She was having another nightmare and I couldn't stand to watch. I looked away and saw the walls were covered in runes; they would exaust us quickly. 'Oh, no. What do they want with us,' was my last thought before passing out again. I heard a gasp.