Leaving Hogwarts

No One's Pov.

McGonagall woke up and Madeline was no longer in the tent. She looked around, worried. She walked out and stood in front of the tent. "Maddie?" she called.

"I'm here," a voice from behind her called. She turned to see Madeline with her robe on, holding 2 bags with fruit in them. "It took a bit scouring, but I found something to eat." She held one out. McGonagall took it graciously. McGonagall took up the tent and put it back on her robe. Madeline began to walk on a direction, and McGonagall followed. "So last night I figured out our position and made a route on how to get back to Hogwarts. Can you Apparate?"

McGonagall shook her head. "That's a skill I have yet to perfect. We might end up in a wall. How did you find our position?"

"The consultations."

"You have experience?"

"I've had to if I wanted to avoid- Nevermind."

"What? Avoid what? I want to make the whole mother/daughter thing work, and I think you do too. In order for that to happen, we need communication."

"Wow that sounded like therapy or an old married couple."

"Madeli-"

"Beatings, McGonagall. I had to have a permanent compass if I wanted to avoid beatings."

They were silent for a while and just walked. "Any plans for the fast approaching summer?" McGonagall asked.

Madeline sighed. "Home. Friends. And help."

"Help?"

"Yes. I'm going to help Neville with potions since I seem to have a knack for it."

They came out and was at the Black Lake. "Looks like that's not all you have a gift for."

"Years of practice," she elaborated. They walked in and had been a Wednesday night. They were met by none other than the headmaster Dumbledore when they walked in. Madeline put her hands up. "Not my fault." She went to the portrait. "Wattlebird." It opened, she trudged in, and fell on her bed. Then, she fell asleep. ____________________________________________________________________

When Madeline woke up, she grabbed a suitcase and packed up. Yesterday had been the last day of classes because that Thursday was the day they returned home. She put her box of quills in the middle of two shirts. She finished packing and went into the Grand Hall where she was attacked by Ginny.

"Mads, where were you yesterday?" she demanded.

"I was... out." Madeline pulled her into the hallway. "Along with McGonagall, I got kidnapped," she elaborated.

Ginny gasped. She pulled at her friend's robe. "Are you okay? Are you injured? Where is it? Who was it?" She started fretting all over Madeline.

"Ginny. Ginny! GINNY!!!"

Ginny stopped fretting.

"I'm just peachy. I'm not injured. Nowhere. The Dark Forest. I don't know, the man who took me from my mother."

"Who's your mother?"

"McGonagall," Madeline whispered.

"MCGONAGALL IS YOUR WHAT?!?!?!" Ginny yelled.

The Grand Hall went silent at the stern professor's name. They all turned to the two who were now at the door. Madeline elbowed Ginny, turned on her heel, and walked out.

By the time they boarded the train, word got around on who Madeline's mother was. Madeline got a compartment all to herself and sat. She dropped her head in her hands.