The Orphanage Girl

11 years later

Potter's first year had been alright. It was nearing the end of summer. The headmaster, the deputy headmistress, and Poppy decided to go to the muggle world for a couple days. Just a couple, maybe less. They were in the park behind a bush eating a picnic Minerva had made. A group of kids came to the park as well. There was one adult with them. She told them to go to off and play.

A little shy girl came their way. She had her head down and she was clutching a book. Her black hair was put in a bun in the middle of the back of her head, but her bangs cover half her face; one green eyes is still showing on the other half. Her clothes were a basic pair of ripped jeans, a white shirt with a fairy with blue wings on top, and blue shoes. She stopped right in front of the bush they were behind. She turned around and slumped down cross-legged. She brought out her book and put on some small violet glasses similar to Albus's. She seemed to be so lost in her book, she didn't notice a brown hair, brown-eyed boy walk up to her. He had on a designer pair of jeans, shirt, and shoes.

"Hey, geek freak," he stated. The girl didn't even look up. "Oh look Madeline's deaf. And a coward, too. Ha! It makes so much sense that you're in an orphanage. Who would want you? Apparently not even you're own mother."

Madeline didn't acknowledge him, but tears did begin to prick at her eyes. He was poking a soft spot. "What do I care, huh, Anton? Whoever they are - or were - are probably happy. So, go away. You have no reasoning to have your placement anywhere near me," she whispered with a tiny accent, still not even looking up.

Anton opened his mouth to speak, but another boy walked up behind him. "She said go. So beat it," the boy commanded. Anton walked off.

Madeline finally looked up when the boy shooed Anton off. He had blond hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans. His gray shoes were Nike.

She looked at him in silent question.

"Their new. I got donated some money," he answered.

"You should've bought food." Madeline looked back down at her book.

"I would have made you eat some," he replied mischievously.

"Food's the next best thing." She said it like she didn't want food; her accent was stronger now.

The boy grabbed her bookmark, stuffed it in her book, and closed it. Then, he grabbed her hand and pulled her up, book still in his hand. "Come on." He began to drag her behind the bush, but they didn't glance in the professors' direction.

Upon instinct, McGonagall had turned her cat form. Something told her to follow them two. She turned and looked at Dumbledore and Poppy. They nodded telling her that were okay with it and they understood she needed to do it. McGonagall went after the children until she was at the top of a slope that led into some woods. She just watched the two interact. ___________________________________________________________________

Madeline's Pov.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw a beautiful cat when Sebastian was pulling me behind a bush. He let go of my hand and practically flew down the slope. He picked up a random stick. I continued to walk, but stopped when I reached the base. That was when I realized I hadn't taken off my glasses, but I didn't care. "This is my wand," he said.

I could tell he was messing with me so I played along. "Okay. So where's your spell book?" I laughed.

He pouted. The bottom lip was sticking out and all. "I have to have a spell book?"

I laughed again. "Yes, dummy. How else are you going to learn spells?"

"I'll memorize them. Here, I'll do some in alphabetical order: