Pranks and CHRISTMAS

Madeline's Pov.

I, along with all the other years, were in the training room. Lockhart was telling us that Dumbledore finally let him open the club.

I found the Weasley twins and put my arms around their shoulders. "I have a prank proposal," I said.

"We're listening," they said in unison.

"I say whatever spell Snape casts on Lockhart, we add a little Maximus."

They nodded. Snape and Lockhart bowed to each other and swiped their wands to their sides. They walked backwards then faced each other. Snape waved his wand. "Expelliarmus!"

The three of us said one word in unison. "Maximus," we said, aiming at Snape's thin spell. It shot Lockhart across the room. Snape looked at us and I gave him a thumbs up with a smile. He tilted his head with the ends of his lips curling for a moment. Then, he went back to his normal expressionless face.

It was like that every spell we could get on him. Which was often because I had a few classes with him and gave him a few frights. It was hilarious!

____________________________________________________________________

I was finally having a pleasant dream. My second favorite, in fact. Then... "Mads. Mads! Wake up, Mads. It's Christmas."

"Ginny," I whined, throwing my pillow at her. I knew it was her because she was the only one I would allow to call me Mads.

"Come on, Mads. It's Christmas. You're not allowed to be grumpy."

I lifted my head off my pillow. "I'm coming," I called. I threw my legs over the side of the bed. I hauled myself to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my mouth out. I grabbed my hairbrush and put my hair in a braid. I folded it using bobbing pins. (If you've ever seen Frozen, it was like Elsa's at her coronation just black and a longer braid.) I put on my red house coat.

I grabbed my gifts and went into the common room. We all sat down 'round the fire.

Ginny handed out her gifts. She got Ron candy. She got Harry a Quidditch book. She got Hermione a book of spells. She got me a scrapbook and had a few pictures of me and her. I hugged her.

A familiar cat walked in and I assumed Ginny didn't know who it was. She walked over to me and I happily picked her up laid her in my lap. I pet behind her ears. I looked down at her. "You know, I don't think I'm allowed to have another pet other than my owl." She looked at me and I smiled. McGonagall curled up in my lap. "Ok, does anyone else find this the tiniest bit creepy?" They nodded. Ginny asked what I was taking about. "Oh, I'm sorry. You've never met. Ginny, this is McGonagall Transfigured into her cat form. McGonagall, you know Ginny." She eyed the cat suspiciously. McGonagall put a paw up and Ginny took and shook it. "Ohhhh, that was cutest thing," I squealed. McGonagall looked at me. "Oh, get over it." I was shocked by my own words. I was becoming less shy; coming out of my small group of people. I didn't like it.

I handed out my gifts. I got Ron a bracelet that had a grey gem on it and it made any amount of whatever kind of candy he wanted. I got Harry a bracelet with a grey gem and a picture of his parents. He looked at me. "I have my ways." I got Hermione a ring that had a grey gem on it. I got Ginny a ring with a grey gem that could contact anyone at the drop of a hat. I put a small box under McGonagall's paws. She looked at me and I put a finger to my lips.

Harry gave out presents next. He got Ron a spellbook and told him to practice. He got Hermione a box of potions he had asked me to help him make. He got Ginny a box of magic cards. He got me a box of different colored quills and parchment.

Now it was Hermione's turn to pass out presents. She got Ron candy. She got Harry a notebook with a few spells he said he needed to remember. She got Ginny a purple fur journal with a pink G on the front. She got me a red leather journal with a black M on the front of it. I have her a gracious smile.

Ron's turn. He got Ginny candy. He got Harry candy. Hermione got candy as well. Me, candy.

Ron brought out gifts and said they were from Molly. They were sweaters that had the first letters of our names on them.

I took off my house coat and slipped the sweaters over my night dress. I see McGonagall looking at me and scrunch up my face. She laid her head down and puts her paws on her ears. I pick her up and snuggle her. She was clearly shocked, but it was natural instinct. "If you don't like it, you shouldn't have come in here and done something adorable." I didn't talk the rest of the day, I was too shocked of me becoming less and less shy.
____________________________________________________________________
                                            ~~~Comment~~~
                                                  ~~~Vote~~~

So, I'm torn between Neville and Malfoy. Which one do you think should go out with Madeline. Or neither and someone else. Or neither and not have her date anyone. You're choice. Who ever has the most votes, gets to date Maddie... and possibly break her out of her shell.

I don't get it. I can't get anyone but one person to comment for the life of me, other than AaliyahTurner6 . I will continue to write the story anyway. Only one person had commented and I am very grateful.