Chapter 141

{I didn't edit...again. Hopefully you guys like this one! I'm trying to update frequently, I'm just still getting into the swing of work. Love you the most!}

"Bloody hell, quit moving, Wormtail!"

Peter grunts, his shoulders crushed under the weight of Sirius Black as he wobbles back and forth. He winces when Sirius' knee goes into his back, crying, "Why can't I be on your shoulders?!"

"Because I said so," Sirius barks, ignoring the disapproving look from Lily and the guffaw that escapes James. Sirius wrinkles his nose, peering over the sea of students. His eyes zero in on shiny blonde hair bobbing in the crowd, a noise of contentment escaping his throat.

He balances on Peter's shoulders and cups his hands around his mouth, shouting, "Je suis lá, mon chaton!!"

Sirius can't help the laugh that escapes him when Gwen lifts her head and smiles in disbelief at him, pushing through the crowd. Just as she begins to approach, someone shoves into Peter. The mousy boy shrieks and stumbles, Sirius shouting obscenities as he tumbles from his friend's shoulders, "Fucking hell—PETER!"

He groans when his head smacks the pavement, his legs tangled underneath Peter as he moans from hitting the ground. Sirius blinks his eyes open, grunting as they uncross and focus on the blue above him. Pale, and twinkling with amusement. Gwen blinks her eyes, saying simply, "There you are."

Sirius reaches out his hands and stifles a smile when she struggles to pull him to his feet, her stature not equipped to support his. He finally pulls himself upright, whining, "Why did you insist on meeting me here? I could have avoided concussing myself."

"I needed to say goodbye to Regulus and Remus," Gwen answers plainly, her lips twitching when he rolls his eyes. She merely stands on her toes and presses a gentle kiss to his cheek, her heart warming when she feels his face morph into a smile. She settles back on her heels and continues, "I wanted to visit the house elves as well. They're rather excited for Easter. I hid eggs for them."

Sirius quirks a brow at the girl, replying playfully, "I hope they aren't real."

"The eggs?" Gwen questions, tilting her head. "Of course they're real. It's not any fun if they aren't given a time limit on finding them. They'll start smelling in a week, so I told them they best find them within the next three days."

Sirius blinks, not sure if he's confused, amused, or impressed. He finally just chuckles, an exhaled laugh with a hint of exasperation. He leans over and grabs Gwen's bag, ignoring her noise of protest. He seats her hands away and says calmly, "Try and grab them one more time, Inferi and we're going to have a problem."

Gwen laughs, retorting, "Don't make me hide eggs in your luggage, you dog."

Sirius shakes his head and nods for her to follow him, the pair joining Lily and James and Peter as they struggle through the crowd to the train. She follows as they look for a compartment, looking forward to her magazine waiting in her bag. And an acid pop. Sirius finally finds an empty one and throws the door open, tossing the bags inside. James, Lily, and Peter enter, chatting about quidditch.

Just as Gwen goes to slip past her boyfriend, he shuts the compartment—nearly smacking her in the face. She raises her head to look at him in confusion, her question unable to leave her lips when they're suddenly occupied by his.

A small noise of surprise escapes her, her eyes widening slightly before they flutter shut, her heart pounding against her chest. She forces her lungs to work when Sirius groans softly, his teeth sliding across her lower lip before biting down and tugging roughly. Her lips part and his tongue brushes hers, playful and teasing. He pulls away just as suddenly as he began their kiss, a cheeky smile on his face at the sight of her dazed and surprised.

Gwen clears her throat before asking, "What was that for?"

He reaches up and tucks some of her hair back behind her ear, playfully tugging before replying quietly, "I hadn't kissed you yet today. Consider that the first of many."

Gwen can't stop the smile that quirks her lips. She can tell she's blushing, her face is significantly warmer than it was seconds ago. She blinks before saying, "I hope we'll be doing more than kissing, Padfoot."

His lips part in surprise at her blunt words, his mouth running dry as she winks and slides the compartment door open before disappearing inside. Sirius stares at where she was standing, a goofy grin taking over his face before he follows her inside. She's already perched on the bench next to the window, her magazine grasped between her fingers.

Sirius scoots past Peter and easily lifts Gwen up before settling her back down in his lap, her face unchanging the whole while. James snickers and teases, "Always reading. You're a Ravenclaw through and through, Ninnie."

Gwen's lips twitch but she doesn't look up, only laughs quietly when Lily adds playfully, "Who would've thought Sirius would date a Ravenclaw. She's far too smart for you lot."

"Oi!" Sirius cries indignantly. They're distracted from their playful bickering when the compartment door slides open yet again, revealing a very disheveled Marlene McKinnon and Dorcas Meadows. Dorcas flushes and quickly sits down, asking primly, "What've we missed?"

"We were just talking about how we heard people shagging in the train bathroom," Gwen quips, her eyes slowly sliding up from her Witch Weekly to pin the flushed couple with her pale stare. Marlene sticks her tongue out, muttering to Sirius, "Are you sure she isn't a seer?"

"Not at all," He replies honestly, jumping when he feels small fingers pinch his arm. His eyes fly down to see her staring at him with an amused look on her face. Sirius grins and pecks her cheek, pleased to see her in such a good mood. Things had been dark for the last several weeks. He found himself constantly worrying about Death Eaters and the Veela. But today they were going somewhere safe, somewhere peaceful. Today they were going to finally get some alone time, some freedom. They were going to the beach.

Sirius was spending the break with Gwen in France and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to it. They were going to spend Easter Day with the Potters, but beyond that it was going to be just the two of them. He couldn't wait.

He's stirred from his thoughts when James suddenly jumps at the sound of the train whistle, startled by the noise. Gwen speaks first, musing, "James, I wasn't aware you had Siderodromophobia."

Sirius' brow furrows and he shares a confused look with his friends. They wait expectantly for Gwen to say anything else. A few moments of silence pass, the only sound the flipping pages of her magazine.

"Uh, Gwen?" Peter asks. "What is Sidero....what is that?"

Sirius playfully tugs on the ends of the Veela's hair to gain her attention, her gaze lifting to asses her perplexed friends. She sighs, replying simply, "Fear of trains."

Sirius smirks, looking at James and Lily and jeering, "That's right. My Ravenclaw is bloody brilliant. Evans, your boyfriend is a wimp."

The compartment erupts in laughter when James springs to his feet and launches towards Sirius. The grey eyed Marauder uses the Veela as his shield, crying, "Get him, Inferi!"

Gwen laughs, rolling up her magazine and swatting at James' hands as he tries to take swipes at Sirius around the girl. James winces dramatically when she smacks his arm, moaning, "Ninnie! I thought we were a team!"

"Sorry, love," Gwen replies, shrugging helplessly as James reluctantly returns to his seat, his voice grave as he promises, "I'll get you, Padfoot. Im not a sodding wimp!"

Sirius just hides his smirk on Gwen's hair, mumbling to her quietly, "Thank Merlin you're here to protect me."

"Yes," Gwen replies, unfurling her magazine and returning to her page as she quips,

"How you survived this long without me, I'll never know.