21 - Broadway and a Broken Girlfriend

Emily's soft breath on my neck and her fingers dancing on my waist woke me up.

"Hi Sweet Girl. Good Morning". She kissed my neck softly and I turned to kiss her. "How are you feeling today Baby?"

"I'm good. A little achy". I stretched my legs and felt the ache from how my legs had been spread for so long last night.

"I can imagine. Was everything we did okay?" I rested my forehead against Emily's while we talked.

"Yeah. It was so good. I loved it, and I love you. Thank you". Emily kissed me softly. I was so thankful for her.

"I love you too. I'm glad you enjoyed it. That's my main priority". I moved to rest my head on her chest to listen to her heartbeat. It was one of my favourite sounds. Emily played with my hair and rubbed my back while we cuddled. She was so comfortable.

"What are our plans today Em?" She kissed my forehead a few times and I looked up at her.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere of your choosing first, get some food and then see the Broadway show I have tickets for". I sat up and looked down at her on the bed.

"You've got Broadway tickets?! Where to?" Emily smiled at me. I'd never mentioned wanting to see a Broadway show but I listened to a lot of Musical Soundtracks.

"Wicked? You seem to listen to that the most". My eyes widened and a huge smile broke out onto my face.

"It's my favourite. How did you know that?!" Emily reached for hands and gave them a gentle squeeze.

"I used to be a profiler Angel. Reading people was literally my job and I guess some of those skills haven't left, and I know that's made you uncomfortable because your smile dropped a little. Just give me a moment to explain, okay?" I nodded and Emily continued speaking. "In the FBI we made a promise to never profile each other and it worked really well so I promised myself I'd never profile my partner, unless it was an emergency and something serious happened. I just happen to be able to pick up on expressions easily and it makes me good at noticing your likes and dislikes but other than that, I don't let it get in the way of anything. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah. It does. Thank you for taking the time to get to know me rather than profiling me". Emily sat up and gave my forehead a kiss. I was feeling very comfortable and secure in our relationship.

"I love you, you know that right? And I don't mean that lightheartedly. When I say 'I love you' I mean I love everything about you, like the smile on your face when you're dreaming about something nice or the way your mind works. Everything about you fascinates me and I fall more in love with you everyday". Emily's hand cupped my face and her thumb wiped away a few tears. I didn't even realise I was crying.

"Em. God, I love you too. You make me so happy". I closed my eyes and embraced the feel of Emily's hands on my face. I closed my eyes while I let my girlfriend hold me. She was my whole world but I wasn't ready to tell her that yet.

I straddled Emily's lap and buried my face in her neck. I wanted to be as close to her as possible. Strong arms wrapped around my waist to pull me closer and she held onto me tightly. A few minutes passed and my neck was starting to ache so I wrapped my arms around her neck to run my hands through her hair. Our foreheads were touching and our lips were inches away from each other.

Another few minutes passed and my lips met Emily's. Instead of the usual passionate and heated kiss we experienced, this was tender and delicate. We were showing each other how deep our feelings were. My hands tangled in Emily's hair to keep her in the same position and when I broke the kiss to breathe, my feelings all came tumbling out.