Chapter 25

Please follow me on Instagram at fezi_nziyane

A good friend would be bailing you out of jail but your best friend would be sitting next to you saying "that was fun"

Kieran POV

Today is the day. I know it. Today is the day I tell her. Even though I would rather keep this to myself but in a relationship honesty is the best policy. I don't want us to continue this relationship without her knowing all about my past and my sins.

I sent a message to Nia telling her that I'm coming in 20 minutes. I jogged down the stairs and on the way out I saw my family, even though it still feels so wired saying that word. I once had a normal family with my brother and sister and our parents but its true what they say

Life's a bitch.

"Hey ki where are you going" Layla asked. "I'm going to meet Nia I'll be back before sundown" I said and headed for the door. "Uuuuu someone is gonna get some" I heard Layla say while laughing then mom reprimanded her for talking like that.

I took the first car that I saw in the driveway which was Layla's BMW. I'm sure she won't mind if I borrow it for a while. Its not my fault that she left her car in the driveway.

When I got to Nia's driveway she was not outside so I called her. And she said she'll be out in 5. Why am I not surprised. Its like its her hobby to be late. After a while Nia came out wearing her signature style. Leggings and an oversized shirt that looked like mine. When did she get my shirt.

She got in and put her seat belt on. "Hey" she said and gave me a kiss. "Hi, is that my shirt?" She looked down and blushed. "It smelled nice and it helps me sleep at night" I smirked. "So in other words you are saying that I smell nice"

She just rolled her eyes and told me to drive. I drove us to the park so I can finally tell her about me. We got out the car and walked around the while holding hands. We walked in comfortable silence.

"It was three years ago when my father lost his job. Things got rough for all of us. My mother had to work double shifts so she could pay the bills. My dad started drinking and stealing money from my mother. He started accusing my mother of cheating and sleeping around because she was always not home."

"He started beating her in front of me. There was a time when my little brother saw him beating my mom and he was traumatized. My father would never do anything in front of my little sister, I guess she was keeping my mother safe. My mom would try to hide her scars with makeup but I would see them every time."

"One day when I came back from school I found him strangling her. I could see that my mother was struggling to breath, he was killing her. So I took the empty beer bottle on the floor and hit him on his head then he immediately fell down on the floor and went limp."

"My mother bent down before him and started shaking him to wake up, but he wouldn't. Blood was dripping down my hands and I didn't know what to do. Instead of my mother coming to help me she just went to my father and begged him to came back."

"Then she got up with tears running down her eyes and started blaming me for my father's death. She called me a murderer. What I don't understand is that my father was about to kill her and I did her a favor by killing him even though it was not my intention to kill him."

"My mother and I would argue everyday. She took me to court and told the court that I'm a murderer but I explained my part of the story and I was given community service. The court claimed that it was self defense since my father was an alcoholic and an abuser. My mom had the scars to prove that he was abusing her."