chapter 2

Xenia POV

I look at the house I'm going to stay in,
Its not big but not small either. I take my luggage from the car that was bought 2 hours ago. I go inside inside the house and drop the bags on the floor so I can look around. I head to the kitchen which has a beautiful island in the middle that come with stools it was magnificen. With the dark cabinets the white island just bring color to the space.

The is no dinning room so I guess we will eat in the kitchen or sitting room

The is no dinning room so I guess we will eat in the kitchen or sitting room.I go to the sitting room and there is only one grey colored couch with a small table and a TV. "you can go upstairs and pick a room,I'll bring your bags upstairs." I look at Xander and nod. I make my way upstair and choose the room that has its own bathroom and a balcony the room is the biggest out of all the bedrooms in the whole house.

I push the sliding door open and make my way into the balcony the view is not breath taking its just other houses that look almost similar to mine. My view was disturbed because Xander called me down stairs. Xander gestured for me to sit on one of the stools and I agreed. "We need to talk." He says and he had a serious look on his face. "Oh dear remember last time you said that you gave me ‘the talk’ about puberty and stuff." Let's just say it was very weird course he can't even bring himself to pronounce the word ‘period’. He smiled at the memory before becoming serious again. "No this time its different...." He paused for a second then resumed." We have to talk about your nightmares." My eyes widen with shock and I stand up from my stool so I can face him while standing. "No Xander don't" he knows I'm serious because I never call him buy his full name. "Nia you're always screaming at night,you barley get enough sleep,you always have to take sleeping pills which is not good for your health..." He pauses for second again and looks at me straight in my eyes " I think you have to talk to someone." Tears start to prick my eyes because this is a very sensitive subject.

"Xander don't you think I tried" I shout at him. "Everytime I talk to some random person they ask me about what happend, they ask me about what happened to my brother and I have a panic attack every time because the therapist is literally telling me to relive that night and you know I can't and what's the use if the shrink is just going to tell me to forget about it but in a nicer way." The tears in my eyes have started running freely down my face. "Nia for goodness sake talk to me then course if you keep your emotions bottled up you might end up trying to take your life again. Do you even know how much you scared me when I found you laying on the floor lifeless?" he shouts at me, tears are also falling down his face because of the terrible memory. "Xander don't you dare bring that up." I take a Moment to swallow the lump that has formed in my throat and at the same time trying to control my breathing.

"Tell me Nia why would you try to kill yourself?" he asks in a calm tone. "Don't you understand Xander, there is no reason for me to live, my loved ones are all gone. Their all gone" my voice breaks. "How could you understand you didn't lose a loved one." I already regret what I just said. I look at Xander run his hand through his hair in frustration. He gets up from his stool and takes the key from the island. "Xander I'm sorry, where are you going. Xander please I'm sorry." He completely ignores my pleas and questions. I follow him to the front door.

"Xander please say something" I say louder than I intended. "Nia you know how much I loved Karen she was like a sister I never had and you have the audacity to tell me I didn't lose anyone that night. Your brother was like my nephew and here you are telling me shit." He shouts at me pure rage is seen in his eyes. "Xander I'm sorry." We stop at the front door. "Fuck of Nia before I do something I will regret." And just like that he leaves out the front door and slamming it hard on the way out. I kick the door hard and in the process hurting my toe so hold my leg up while jumping on the other. What was I even thinking. "fuck you door." I put my leg down and start to cry heavily and my legs can't hold my weight anymore so I fall to the ground. This is not how I expected my first day in new jersey to go.

02:00 a.m

I was laying on the couch facing upwards waiting for Xander to return. My eyes hurt from the crying and I bet they are red and swollen. I hear the door open and close. I get up from the couch and make my way to the door. I see Xander enter. "Where the hell have you been?" I ask him. He doesn't answer me and walks past me. One his way he hits the table and drops something on the ground I can't tell what it is because its dark and I'm lazy to turn on the lights. I quickly go and help and lead him to the couch and set him down.

"Xan are you drunk?" he doesn't answer me again, he lays down on the couch not even caring so I let him be. I make my way to my bedroom so I can rest. I take my sleeping pills and throw myself on the bed. I check the time and it 02:30 a.m. I put the phone on my night stand and I feel the sleeping pills starting to take effect making my eye lids heavier every time I Blink I don't fight and give in, and the darkness consumes me.

The drama will start soon Im just thinking how should Kieran and Xenia meet.

Fezi❤