28

emma took a second to turn around but when she did, she covered her mouth. sidney smiled softly, "emma grace harvey, will you marry me?"

"sidney, i love you so much." she spoke, tears spilling out of her eyes as she bent down and hugged him. they fell to the ground and emma laughed.

he sat up and she did the same, "i'm assuming that a yes."

"of course it's a yes, babe." emma wiped the tears from her face, "and to think i almost wore makeup."

"i told kris to tell you not to." he said as he stood up, taking emma's hand and pulling her up. he took the ring out of the box and slid it onto her ring finger. she didn't even bother to look at the ring. she didn't care if it was a damn ring pop. all that mattered was that he was hers.

she hugged him, feeling his breath on her neck. she closed her eyes until she heard someone's skates against the ice. she pulled out of the hug and saw jake, "can i see it now? i've been waiting for like a month."

"really?" emma looked at sidney and he blushed.

"yeah. he said it was bad luck for me to see it or whatever." jake rolled his eyes, taking her left hand and looking at the ring that had two different large diamonds. his eyes widened, "do me a favor and never show natalie that."

"why?" she tilted her head.

"the ring i got her looks absolutely nothing like that." he laughed nervously and emma frowned.

"that doesn't matter, jakey. i'm sure the ring you picked fits her personality."

"maybe." he lightened up his attitude. "can you believe we're champions? i feel like i'm dreaming."

"you're telling me. three life altering things have happened for me today."

"what do you mean three?" sidney asked.

emma thought of a quick lie, "i finished watching keeping up with the kardashians."

"right." he squinted his eyes at her, not completely believing her.

after emma and sidney took pictures with the cup, sidney took a few with his family. sidney's mother noticed emma was standing behind the camera, staring at the ground. she spoke up, "come take a picture with us, hun."

emma's eyes snapped away from the ice and she looked at trina, "what?"

"come here." she motioned emma towards her and emma furrowed her brows.

"no i'm ok."

"you're family now, emma. get over here." troy smiled and emma took a deep breath, skating towards them and standing next to taylor. the blonde put her arm around her brothers fiancée and pulled her closer.

after more pictures and celebration, the team headed back to the locker room to open champagne. everyone quickly changed out of their gear and into custom made shirts. jake took a bottle of champagne and popped it open, immediately pouring it over emma's head.

she turned around, looking at her teammate. she took the bottle from him and sprayed it in his face. everyone took her lead and sprayed alcohol around the room. sidney and geno filled the stanley cup with champagne, taking drinks before they passed it off. emma panicked once she realized that she couldn't drink from the trophy. she decided that wherever the cup went, she would go the other way.

sidney pulled her into him and kissed her lips. she smiled, putting her arms around the back of his neck and deepening the kiss. his hands rested on her waist as they separated. he put his forehead against hers and looked into her brown eyes, "i love you, emma."

"i love you too, sid."