15

sidney smiled softly, "really?"

"of course."

sidney looked overjoyed, "i love you too, em."

emma pecked his lips, "good."

he hugged her, turning to his side and pulling her into him, "good night, baby."

"good night." she grinned, kissing him lightly.

emma fell asleep in his arms within a couple of minutes. sidney kissed her forehead and sighed, getting off of the warm bed and putting his clothes back on. he wanted to stay but he knew if he fell asleep, they would be caught in the morning.

he walked back to his room and fell onto his bed, smiling ear to ear, "she loves me."

****

sidney got ready for practice the next day, excited to see emma. he walked out of his hotel room and knocked on emma's door. she opened it only a second later, already dressed and ready for practice.

"hi, sid." she spoke through her black mask, messing with the wire over her nose.

"hi, em. you ready to go?"

"yeah. we should order lunch before we get on the bus." she turned on her phone screen and opened doordash, "how about some chinese food?"

"sounds perfect." he stepped into her room and sat down on her bed. they took off their masks and emma straddled his lap as she ordered what they both wanted, her phone resting on his back. sidney had the same thing every single time. she had never met a person who liked sweet and sour chicken as much as he did.

sidney rubbed her back softly, laying his head on her shoulder and closing his eyes. luckily, the chinese restaurant that emma was ordering from was right across the street, meaning that they had time to eat once it arrived.

the couple sat silently, just enjoying the others touch. it only took about twenty minutes for a delivery person to drop their food at the door. emma got up from sidney's lap and picked up the bag of food, putting it on a table and opening it. she pulled out sidney's chicken and handed it to him along with a pair of chopsticks.

emma got her chow mein and sat down on the bed. they ate together and watched kuwtk.

"who's khloe?" sidney asked, looking at his girlfriend for an answer.

"she's the tall one i think. she looks different from the rest of the girls." emma stated, still looking at the tv.

"oh ok." he furrowed his eyebrows and finished his food. he leaned back, placing his head in emma's lap. she placed her box of chow mein on the bedside table and leaned down, pecking his lips.

"ready to go?"

"yeah." sidney stood up, putting his mask back on and emma did the same. she put the boxes in the trash, grabbing her things and leading sidney out of her room. they walked to the elevator, meeting kris and jake.

"good afternoon." emma leaned against the wall.

jake shrugged, still bummed out from the night before. emma frowned, "so i started watching the kardashians. thanks for the recommendation."

jake's mood quickly changed, "they're a fun bunch, aren't they?"

"absolutely psychotic." she laughed quietly, "it'll keep me entertained for the rest of the season."

"glad i could be of assistance." he spoke as the small group stepped into the elevator, each of them standing in a different corner.