7

the pair walked into their house and shed their wet jackets, hanging them up in the coat closet. it was like they both decided to pretend they didn't just have sex in sidney's car as emma went upstairs and sidney went to the kitchen to make dinner.

emma came back downstairs after she rinsed her body off and changed into a london knights sweatshirt and black sweatpants. she sat down at the island counter and watched as sidney looked through the pantry for ingredients, "what's for dinner, chef sidney?"

"spaghetti carbonara. it's late so nothing too fancy."

"why not just order a pizza? we can watch a movie." she smiled and his eyes lit up.

"that sounds fun." he put the spaghetti sauce back in its place and turned on his phone, "cheese?"

"sure." she got up, "i'll pick the movie."

sidney squinted at her, "i'm not sure i trust your choice in movies."

"it's like my taste in men, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with my taste in movies." emma crossed her arms and walked away, heading towards the theatre room. she plopped down on one of the large chairs and turned on the large tv. she chose wedding crashers and paused it, wanting to wait for sidney.

she opened a storage closet and got out a grey blanket. emma sat back down and crossed her legs, turning on her phone screen and scrolling through her instagram. her account was private, not letting anyone she didn't know follow her. she didn't even let some of her teammates on her account. emma clicked on her profile and archived all of her pictures with jon before accepting kris letang's follow request.

sidney came into the room, now wearing black athletic shorts and a tight t-shirt. he sat down on a different chair and patted his lap, "come here."

"what am i? a dog?" emma laughed and stood up, sitting on his lap with the blanket in her arms. sidney put his arm around her back, feeling her lean against his touch.

"so what are we watching?" he asked and she smiled.

"wedding crashers. it's my favorite movie ever so i'm not accepting any criticism you have."

"it's my favorite movie too." sidney moved his warm hand under her shirt and rubbed her skin.

"good." emma repositioned on his lap, leaning her back against his chest. she started the movie and sidney laid his head on her shoulder.

the pair stayed silent until someone rung the doorbell. they got up and emma spoke up, "i'll get the beer, you get the pizza."

"sounds good." he kissed the top of her head before heading towards the door and grabbing the pizza from the patio table. he had paid online, not wanting to have to speak to a random person.

he brought the pizza box to the kitchen and sat it down, watching emma pop open two beers with ease, "are you sure you're twenty three?"

"been drinking since i was sixteen. don't tell my grandparents though." she put a brown bottle to her lips and took a sip.

"i won't." sidney got two plates from a cupboard and placed them on the island counter, putting three pieces of pizza onto one.

emma also took three and they walked back into the theatre room together. they sat down in separate chairs and sidney unpaused the movie, watching emma as she ate a slice of pizza.

sidney was entranced, not noticing how much time had passed since he first looked at her. the movie was almost over when she finally looked at him. she blushed, "are you gonna eat? or just look at me?"

"just look at you." he whispered.

"well that's unfortunate because i'm going to bed." she turned off the tv, the lights under the chairs lighting up a path to the door.

"movie's over?"

"yeah." emma stood up and stretched, "good night, sidney."