19

2/20/2021

after the initial awkwardness, the evening went great. emma got to watch sidney play hockey with nikita and she was even more in love with him. anna, geno, sidney, and emma took a few pictures together before they parted ways. the couple realized that it wouldn't be a bad idea to expose their relationship.

the next afternoon emma stood on the ice as the announcer spoke about sidney's achievement. she watched him being handed a bunch of roses and he was told to go the other end of the rink to watch his appreciation video. sidney didn't listen though, he skated to emma and took her hand, bringing her with him. her heart started beating uncomfortably fast as she noticed everyone looking at them.

"sid, this is your moment. you don't have to include me." she said and he just smiled.

"i want you here, em." he leaned in and kissed her cheek, making her blush. "i love you."

"i love you too, sid." emma whispered, unable to look away from him. once sidney was in place, the video started. as the video continued, sidney started to tear up and emma leaned into him.

by the time kris showed on the screen for his short part, a tear had slipped out of his eye. he wiped it away quickly, not wanting to be called a cry baby. the video ended shortly after and he hugged his girlfriend, hiding his face.

emma pecked his lips, "i'm going back to the team while you take pictures."

he held onto her, "just take a couple with me."

she smiled, "ok."

they turned around and took a few pictures before sidney looked at her, "a couple without your mask too."

"you're pushing it, sidney." emma joked, taking off her mask and holding it in her hand.

"ok now i'm going." she kissed his cheek, skating away before he could say another word. she went back to the team, being met with questioning looks. she just shrugged, putting her mask back over her nose and mouth.

kris gave him a custom art piece in a brown frame. the art made out of thousands of pictures of his career showed the three players and the stanley cup along with the number 1000. geno handed him a hockey stick made of silver and they posed for a few pictures before separating to get ready for the game. sidney came by the team and thanked them, stopping at emma and smiling, "i'm glad you're here for this, em."

"me too, sid, me too." she said before everyone skated off of the ice and walked into the locker room. coach sullivan made eye contact with emma and she felt like she was in trouble.

she stood next to him and he looked at her, "how long?"

"almost three months." they had only been dating for just over two months but she added the time when they were just sleeping together.

"you are aware things could go wrong?"

"absolutely." she whispered, "and sid does too. you aren't gonna bench us, are you?"

"there are no rules against you guys being together. as long as you guys aren't on the same line, i don't have a problem with it."

"are you sure?" emma didn't expect him to be so understanding.

"yes. now go get ready. we have a game to play, harvey."