9

emma and sidney ended up spending their whole day in bed. when sidney woke up at six a.m. the next day, he felt refreshed. he hadn't slept a full night in six months but with emma by his side, he felt at ease. sidney got out of bed and walked into his bathroom, putting a towel on the rack and starting the shower. he stepped in and took a deep breath.

once he was done showering, he put on boxers, jeans, and a black shirt on. he and emma had to get physicals from the team physician that day along with a meeting with the clubs medical director and head athletic trainer explaining the 2020-2021 season protocol.

sidney walked out of his closet, buckling his black belt quickly. he looked at his bed, expecting emma to still be wrapped up in the sheets. instead, the bed was empty and the bedroom door was open. he jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen, starting to make breakfast.

emma brushed through her wet hair and put a white tank top over her black bralette. she jumped around her closet, pulling on a pair of tight jeans. she grabbed a plaid jacket and a white hat before going down the stairs. she sat down at the island counter and leaned her chin against her hand. "so remind me why our appointments are at eight a.m.?"

"captain always gets the first exam. usually younger players are last but you're riding with me."

"ugh." she got up and grabbed a red bull from the fridge, opening it and drinking it all. emma watched as sidney flipped pancakes in a pan. once he was done he turned off the stove, moving the pan to an unused burner to cool. he got out two plates and emma stood next to him.

"how many do you want?"

"just two. i'm gonna have a banana too." she shrugged, resisting the urge to hug the older man. she always wanted to be touching him. being in his arms was something she loved.

"do me a favor and get out the peanut butter." emma nodded and walked into the pantry, grabbing the jar of peanut butter and a bottle of syrup.

she placed them on the counter and looked up at sidney, "thank you."

"no problem." he leaned down and pressed his lips against her, "it's going to be ridiculously hard to act like i don't want you."

"gotta get used to it, i guess. the team can't know." she held onto his shirt, keeping him against her.

"for now." he kissed her again and she pulled back.

"what do you mean for now?"

"well i don't like keeping big secrets. especially about my relationships."

"well we aren't in a relationship, sidney. we're just teammates who happen to be sleeping together."

"that is a relationship. don't you want an official one? like a boyfriend?"

"i don't do boyfriends."

sidney looked disappointed, "you won't even give me a chance?"

"i didn't say that. maybe since you're my housemate and teammate you won't fuck and duck. but i'm still nervous about it."

he laughed quietly, "did you just say fuck and duck?"

"yeah." emma frowned, "you won't do that to me, right?"

"no." sidney put his hands on her ass and picked her up, placing her on the island, "i promise i won't leave you, em."

"you can't promise me that."

"yes i can. i promise." he kissed her lightly and she smiled.

"would you like to be my boyfriend, sidney crosby?"

"of course."