17

emma walked into the practice facility without sidney and crossed her arms, the cold making her even more tired. sidney had gone in early to have a meeting with the coaches and emma missed his company. she walked into the locker room and noticed jake staring at her, "you ok, jake?"

"uh huh." he nodded, still watching her.

she just put down her bag, getting ready for the on-ice practice.

jake stood up, "can i talk to you?"

"sure..." she followed him into a private room and furrowed her brows, "is something wrong?"

"i saw you and sidney." he stated and emma felt her heart beat quicken.

"what do you mean?"

"at the airport last night. in his car." jake explained and she covered her mouth.

"it wasn't what it looked like."

"yes it was, emma. i just want to know, do you really think it's a good idea for you guys to be together?"

"i know it's not." emma frowned, "i didn't mean for it to happen but i really love him."

jake was surprised once again, "you've known each other for like two months."

she sat down on the floor, tears filling her eyes, "i know. you aren't going to tell anyone are you? it'll ruin me."

"of course i won't. as long as it doesn't negatively affect the team i don't have a problem with it. i just thought we were good enough friends for you to be honest."

"i'm sorry, jake. sid and i weren't ready for anyone to know. i haven't even told my friends from my hometown or my parents." tears slipped from her eyes, thinking about the fact that her career could be over if jake decided to tell anyone.

jake sat down next to her, "there's no reason to cry, harvey. i promise i won't tell."

she hugged him, "you're the best person ever, jake guentzel."

"i know." he laughed, "let's get back to the locker room before sully yells at us."

"good idea." emma wiped the tears from her face and they walked back into the locker room. she sat down at her cubby and took a deep breath. she quickly changed into her gear and put her mask on a coat hanger, walking out to the ice.

she sat down, stretching her legs as the rest of the team flowed onto the ice. sidney skated towards her and sat down. he noticed that she looked freaked out and frowned, "what's wrong?"

"jake knows. he knows that we're together."

sidney's face filled with confusion, "how?"

"he saw us in your car at the airport. he said he wouldn't tell but this still sucks so much. i'm scared." she admitted and he felt bad.

"i'm sorry, em. i know this wasn't what you wanted."

"it'll be fine. let's just be more careful about kissing and touching around the team."

sidney just nodded, getting up and skating away.

𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓅𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃 - 𝓈. 𝒸𝓇𝑜𝓈𝒷𝓎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें