16

after another loss to the flyers, the penguins were on their way home. emma sat down on the bus right behind sidney's row. it was dark so she leaned her forehead against his seat, putting her hand by him and he took it. the couple held hands until emma fell asleep, her hand dropping to her side as she curled into a ball.

once the bus stopped at the practice arena, the players woke up, all grumbling about how tired they were. emma followed her captain to his car and they put their bags in the trunk. they got into the car and took off their masks. sidney started the engine and emma connected her music, turning the radio low. sidney quickly leaned over and kissed her, "ready to go home?"

jake stood in front of the car, his mouth wide open as he watched his teammates kiss. kasperi stopped beside him and pushed his shoulder lightly, "what are you looking at?"

"our captain putting his tongue down emma's throat." he spoke, unable to move his body. it was extremely shocking that sidney would get into a relationship with the rookie. his last girlfriend was an older model and emma was way different from that, she actually cared about hockey and it seemed she cared for everyone around her.

kasperi took his arm and pulled him away from the tesla, "don't tell anyone. it's their business not ours."

"i- i won't." jake looked behind him, "i can't believe it."

sidney brushed hair out of the girls face, "i love you, em."

she smiled softly, "i love you too, sid."

the captain pulled out of the parking lot, putting his hand on his girlfriends thigh. they drove home while listening to emma's quiet music. emma fell asleep with her head against sidney's arm and he grinned, parking in the garage.

he got out of the car and opened emma's door, unbuckling her seat belt and lifting her up. he carried her through the house and into her bedroom. he laid her down on the bed and kissed her forehead, "sweet dreams, emma."

she mumbled a good night and cuddled into her comforter. sidney sat on her bed for a minute just looking at the young woman. he sighed, getting up and walking out of the dark room.

he got the bags out of the trunk and brought emma's to her room before going into his own room and unpacking. it was twelve a.m. when he finally fell into bed and like every other night, he dreamed of emma.