Chapter 9

"No. I don't know him," Tul said. "I only know one doctor there, who was treating my grandfather when he had to undergo surgery to remove a tumor in his stomach. It just so happened that he was there too and provided input."

"Does that mean you saw him in the hospital in New York?" asked Lam. "If he participated in giving input for your grandfather's operation to the doctor who treated your grandfather, that means he was also a doctor?"

"I think so" Tul said, nodding. "I took a photo with him and the doctor who worked with my grandfather. That photo made Max jealous, so I deleted it. You recognized him from that photo, didn't you, Babe?"

Max nodded quickly. "I won't forget his face. He's too beautiful to be a boy and you look like him."

Tul laughed and pinched Max's waist gently. "Ridiculous!"

"Your grandfather's operation, four years ago, right?" asked Park. "Did he move to Thailand then?"

"Forth looks fine with him," muttered Tul. "Is that a good sign?"

Lam shook his head. "We can't be sure until we know the truth about Beam. He appeared too suddenly and the timing ... I don't know, is this fate or just a coincidence."

"Tul, you can find out through the doctor who treated your grandfather at that time," said Park. "Beam and the doctor must know each other, right?"

"I'll call my grandfather to ask about the doctor. I'll notify you as soon as possible," said Tul.

"Can we have dinner now?" asked Max, hugging Tul. "I am very hungry."

Park and Lam laughed and stood together. "Let's eat," said Park. "I'll buy you tonight."

They decided to go to their regular Japanese restaurant and take a table for the four of them.

"When can we ask Forth to come back?" asked Max, picking up a salmon sushi. "We need him here."

"Later. We have to get Rose and Stiff out of Thailand first and it will not be easy because we are in touch with the government on this matter."

"We should have asked Pho Gary for help with this kind of thing," muttered Tul.

"Forth won't forgive us if he finds out we involved his parents," Park said quietly.

"Hm. Even the brothers don't dare to argue with Forth's wishes," added Lam.

"He's too stubborn," Max said irritably.

"Yes. But on the other hand, he also thinks too much about other people, even people who have hurt and ruined his life. Forth has always been like that. Putting the interests of others above himself, even though sometimes it makes him hurt," said Lam with a worried tone. "This time with Beam, I'm really scared. Beam is like a double-edged knife to Forth, but we're not done with Rose and Stiff's business either."

"I'll continue to keep an eye on Beam with the help of Bob III," Park said comforting Lam. "Well, look," Park showed Lam, Max, and Tul the phone.

Park's phone shows a video captured via the chip installed in Bob III's right eye. Forth and Beam sat side by side on the living room sofa. Looking from the camera angle, it seemed like Bob III was on the right side in front of them, where he was recharging himself.

Forth is reading a document, while Beam seems to be watching television, because his eyes are focused on the front. He was holding a large plate of fruit on it. Every now and then he feeds pieces of fruit for Forth while still watching television. Forth took Beam's mouthful without being distracted from his reading.

Max smiled at the scene. "They look like a couple we've been together for years."

The other three nodded and while eating continued to pay attention to the scene on Park's phone screen.

"Ohoo ...," max yelled suddenly and pointed on the phone's screen. "This is getting intensed."

Forth put the document on the table. Beam shifted closer to him. He put a plate of fruit on the table and it looked like they were chatting.

Every now and then they are seen laughing together. Beam evaporates and stretches. Forth pointed at the television while saying something, but Beam shook his head.

Forth patted his thigh and Beam laid his head on Forth's thigh comfortably. Forth stared at the television. His hand stroked Beam's hair slowly.

Beam turned his back on the television and buried his head in Forth's stomach. His hands were wrapped around Forth's waist.

Max and Park looked at each other then both laughed at the same time.

"I'm sure, right now Forth is desperately trying to cover up something tense in his body. He must be awkward." Park said with big grin in his face.

Lam hit Park's arm. "Hey! The only straight person among us is only Forth. He won't think perverted like you guys."

Tul is stunned seeing the scene on the phone screen. He touched Lam's arm lightly. "You know, Lam. Max's previous words suddenly annoyed me. According to Max, this Beam is too beautiful for a boy and I think it should be admitted. I'm not sure Forth will remain as a straight person facing Beam this time. I sure, for guys like Beam, the most straight power pole can also turn gay. "

On the visible phone screen, Forth bent down and whispered something to Beam. His hand was still on Beam's hair and a few moments later Beam turned around, looking at Forth from under him. He reached out and touched Forth's chin while laughing, then he got up and sat next to Forth. Beam's hand grabbed Forth's hand who was stroking his hair earlier and he said something.

Forth looked at Beam with focused eyes and smiled in response to Beam's words. He raised Beam's hand that was clasping his hand and kissed the back of Beam's old hand.

Beam said something again and drew closer to Forth, then slowly he kissed Forth's lips.

"Wow," Max and Tul muttered together. Park and Lam looked at each other. Forth and Beam on the phone screen kissed slowly, like a slow motion scene.

Park grabbed his phone and turned off the recording app. The phone screen immediately went dark.

"Tul, please immediately ask your grandfather, who is the doctor who treated him during the operation. We must immediately find out Beam's identity," Lam said with an anxious tone.

"I will, captain. Soon," Tul replied immediately.

*****