Chapter 20

Beam rubbed Kit's back gently. Kit is still crying. His eyes kept on watching Ming, who was having a serious conversation with Park, Lam, and Max. Tul is back because he has to take care of a few things he calls "administrative stuff."

Forth cooks in the kitchen with Bob III. He insists on making chocolate cookies to make the atmosphere more cheerful after hearing the news about a fire at Kit's house and clinic.

"Baby, don't cry anymore," Ming said to Kit. He hugged Kit's shoulder and kissed his forehead softly. "The kids are safe. Phi Max has already arranged for his men to stand guard around them. My parents don't know about the fire yet, so Phi Max's men won't show up so there's no panic."

"How did you know that Stiff burned down Kit's house?" asked Beam.

"One of my men who had been following Stiff saw him talking to a former convict who was notorious for the arson case. They mentioned the name of the Intdep Family Clinic. Unfortunately, when he decided to follow the ex-con, he lost track and arrived late to the scene Kit and Ming's house and clinic. "

"Why did they do that to us?" muttered Kit, confused. "We don't know Stiff at all and have never dealt with him."

"Because Stiff and Stefan are the same person," Beam replied sadly. "Stefan must have recognized you because of me. Although I'm still not sure what relationship I have with him, but I'm sure he knows about you and Phana from my previous stories. He must know that we are very close."

"Stiff or Stefan, looks like he's looking for you, Beam," Park said carefully. "You guys must have unfinished business and seeing what he's doing, he's luring you into appearing or coming to him. Your business must be very important and probably very dangerous to him, that he's willing to bother with the arson."

"Does that mean we can believe that the man who tortured Beam was Stiff?" asked Forth. He placed a delicious looks chocolate tart on the table. Behind him, Bob III followed and put down the plates and spoons. He also refilled every empty glass.

"I believe so," Max continued. "I thought, whatever happened between Beam and Stefan, it might have something to do with the business between Forth and Stiff."

"What about Phana and Wayo?" asked Kit anxiously.

"Take it easy. I sent my men with them. They will escort Phana and Wayo to Australia and guard them there," said Max calmly. "Tul will soon get the paperwork needed to pull Phana out of his hospital job in Australia and pull him over to Jamorhnoom Center Hospital, and so will you, Kit."

"I've asked Phi Wine to provide you a suite among several apartment buildings belong to him," said Lam.

"You guys sure acted very quickly and effectively overcame everything," Ming murmured in awe. He kissed Kit's hand gently. "The kids will be here tomorrow afternoon. Phi Max and I will pick them up tonight. We will back to you tomorrow."

Forth cut the cake for Beam. He sat next to Beam and held a small plate of cake for Beam. "Max, please tighten the security here. We have a lot of people to protect here."

Max nodded and walked onto the porch on the phone.

Forth cut the cake and handed the spoon to Beam. "Eat a little. You haven't eaten anything since last night."

Beam shook his head. He took a deep breath and looked pale. "I'm ... a little dizzy. I'll just lie down for a while, okay?"

Kit attaches the back of his hand to Beam's forehead. He looks worried. "You're kinda warm, Beam. You've got to drink a lot."

"I'll take him to the room," said Forth. He took Beam's arm and led him to the room.

Forth hugged Beam after they lay side by side on the bed. He kissed Beam's frown. "What's the matter? Your forehead has been creased in stages like this the past few days."

"I'm a burden to everyone," muttered Beam. Tears rolled down his cheeks and he closed his eyes with his arms. "Kít and Ming lost their lives because they were close to me. Fortunately at that time their children were entrusted to Ming's parents. Otherwise ...."

Forth took Beam's arm that covered his eyes. "Baby, look at me. Please, look at me!"

Beam stared at Forth. His eyes were dim and empty.

"You shouldn't have helped me, when you found me in the back of your car. I must have run away from something and just randomly hit the back of your car and fell there. You don't need to help and take me."

"You know what, Beam, we can't escape the destiny that has bound us. If I hadn't stopped on that side of the road, you probably wouldn't have hit my car and I wouldn't have found you. Or, when I saw you lying unconscious on that side of the road, behind my car, I could just pretend not to know and just leave. However, there is destiny that binds us and I'm sure, no matter how far we go, no matter how hard we refuse, we will still meet. Fate is called Stiff or Stefan. He connect us. "

Beam blinked a few times. His smile grew thin. "I'm confused now. Should I thank Stefan, or whoever the person who tortured me at that time, because he has brought me with you?"

Forth laughed and landed a kiss on the tip of Beam's nose. "I also think like that sometimes. Maybe, when I find that bastard later, my gratitude can ease the punishment I'm going to give him."

Beam pressed himself against Forth and hid his face in Forth's chest. "I was thinking about something. I'm not sure you will take it, but, will you hear me first? Who knows you're interested."

"Hm? What do you think?"

"I'll have to leave you. I want to ... get out of here."

"What?"

*****