Chapter 7

Forth woke up with a shock. He felt something warm on his side. Forth turned and saw Beam curled up like a fetus, shaking and making a groaning sound.

Forth grabbed Beam and took the body that was turning it into his arms. Beam feels hot and humid.

"Beam, wake up. Ssshhh ... don't cry. It's me, Beam. This is Forth. Wake up, Beam."

Forth stroked Beam's back while kissing his hair and whispered his presence to Beam. After a while, Beam's moaning started to subside and his body relaxed, no longer shaking.

Forth kissed Beam's wet forehead and stroked his cheeks which were moist with tears. "Beam, wake up. You have to change."

Beam opened his eyes slowly, and blinked several times when he realized his position in Forth's arms.

He looked up and his eyes met with Forth who was looking at him with a smile. "Forth?"

"You had a nightmare. Your clothes are wet with sweat. You have to change or you will catch a cold."

Slowly Beam freed himself from Forth's embrace and got up. He sat on the side of the bed with his feet dangling to the floor and head bowed.

Forth sat beside him. "Beam," said Forth quietly. "What did you dream about? Do you remember?"

Beam turned his head and his swollen eyes stared sadly at Forth. "There were some people with me. We laughed together, full of joy and very happy. But suddenly, everything was dark and lonely. I was alone and scared. I was trapped in a dark place and wearing something very strange."

"What is that? Tell me."

Beam frowned. "W-wedding dress? White with blood stain. Ugh."

Forth looked at Beam in confusion. He reached out and wiped the tears that trickled down Beam's cheeks. "It's just a dream, Beam. Don't think it too much."

"Feels very real," muttered Beam. He looked at Forth. "I hate my useless head. There is nothing I can remember, but I was haunted by strange dreams that were scary and confused me."

Beam hit his head and frantically Forth held Beam's hand. "Shhh, Beam, calm down, please, calm down. Ssshhh ... I'm here, Beam, I'll be with you, help you find your memories. Ssshhh ... calm down, Beam. Don't hurt yourself. I had save you before, please don't hurt yourself now, Baby."

Forth hugged Beam tightly and moved his body slowly to cradle Beam. "Just let me help you more, Baby. Let me accompany you to find your lost memories. Burst out your sadness, your pain, and your nightmare to me and I will try to stand beside you to go through all of that. Ok?"

Beam was sobbing in Forth's arms. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have bothered you. I was nothing and it burdened you. I'm sorry."

"Don't talk like that. In fact, you're helping me with your presence here, too. At least I don't have to stare at Bob III all the time and talk to him as if he understands everything. Well, maybe he does, but he's not the least bit attractive to look at. "

Beam laughed at Forth's words and tilted his head. His eyes glowed with seductive look. "You find me attractive than a robot?"

Forth was stunned. Beam, with his eyes still teary, the tip of his nose and cheeks flushed, his smiling lips and black hair falling on his forehead, looked like an angel in a painting. Forth was even sure he saw the light around Beam's head.

"Adorable," muttered Forth without realizing it. "I find you adorable."

"Uhm ... Forth?"

"Hm?"

"Who is Rose?"

Forth woke up from his reverie. He looked at Beam in confusion. "How did you find out about Rose?"

Beam shook his head. "I don't know. I only heard you say her name a few times, two days ago, when you drowned in the bath. You called her in a voice that sounded very sad."

Forth shook his head. "I don't want to talk about her. She's nobody."

Nobody, just someone getting you drunk and trying to drown yourself in the tub?"

Forth is silent. Beam leaned on Forth's shoulder. "I may be nothing, but ever since you helped me, I've promised myself, I'll be your friend. I'll be whatever you want, as long as it makes you happy."

Forth inhales the fresh strawberry scent from Beam's hair and fills his lungs with that scent.

Beam's silky hair tickled his neck and he felt his heart beat faster, feeling the warmth of Beam's body against his skin.

Forth confused at his own feelings now. He had never felt anything like this before. In any man. He had felt this way in the past, with Rose, in the early days of her approach, but it became more stable and controlled. However, Rose was a woman, not a man like Beam.

Beam keeps his body away from Forth, because he doesn't feel any reaction from Forth. He touched Forth's arm gently.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be presumptuous. You've been helpful, accepted me in your house, even took care of me well, I should know myself better. You know, Forth, I feel very comfortable, safe, and calm to be here. Being near you . However, I realized that I shouldn't be complacent. I have to quickly find my memories and go, back to where I came from. I'm trying, Forth, believe me. I'll go as soon as I remember something. At least I remember where I came from. "

Forth felt a sting in his heart to hear Beam's words. Beam's voice trembled and Forth could see his eyes did not glow when Beam said that. His eyes looked sad and his face turned pale.

Forth grabbed Beam's face with both hands, cupping the face that had been familiar to him for nearly two weeks.

"I wouldn't ask you to leave, Beam, even if your memory returns. I love having you here, as much as you like."

Beam smiled and turned his face to kiss Forth's hand on his cheek. "Don't be so nice to me, Forth. I might be gay and I could fall in love with you."

Forth laughed and let go of Beam's face. He poked Beam's nose tip. "So what, then? Do you think I'm attractive enough to make a gay person fall in love with me?"

"Even if I'm straight, for a guy like you, I'm willing to be gay. You're handsome. No," Beam corrected himself. He raised his index finger and traced the curves of Forth's face with a wistful gaze. "You're very handsome. Manly. Georgeous. Hot."

Forth held Beam's index finger and kissed the tip. "You have to look in the mirror, Beam."

Beam's face blushed. Forth was fascinated and unconsciously sucked Beam's index finger. "You're far, far, much more charming than Rose when you're blushing like this. You're sincere and it makes you so beautiful. Rose is just acting. She's a really great artist."

"W-what?"

"That Rose ... my fiancé. Was."

*****