Chapter 37

"Beam."

Beam slowly opened his eyes. He looked up at the white ceiling. Beam felt like he was dreaming. He was walking on a long dark road, when he heard a sweet voice call his name and his steps led to a lighter path.

Beam turned slowly to his right and his eyes caught the figure that had filled his dreams for days. He reached out, touching the figure's broad chest, which was warm and pounding hard under his shirt. "Is it really you, Forth? Or am I just imagining it?"

Forth smiled and grabbed Beam's hand that was pressed against his chest. He gripped Beam's hand tightly and brought it to his lips for a kiss. "It's me, honey. Your Forth. How are you? You look fresher now."

Beam tightened his fist that was in Forth's grip and pulled it fast. He looked at Forth with anger burning in his eyes. He threw his fists into Forth's chest, many times, feeling weak against the hard muscles of Forth's chest.

Beam's tears flowed as his fist hit Forth's chest. "Why did you come? Just go and don't come back. I have no right to wish you anything. I am nothing and only a burden to you. Go, Forth, go...."

Forth held Beam's hand and leaned in to grab Beam's body in his arms. He held Beam's head against his chest and kissed his soft hair. His hand stroked Beam's back. Beam's cry exploded in the embrace he missed. He missed Forth's masculine scent. He longed to feel Forth's tough muscles. He missed Forth's warmth. Beam held onto Forth's shirt so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

"I'm sorry, Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you at all, but there's something I need to do quickly. I know you'll get through everything just fine. You're so strong and resilient," Forth whispered in Beam's ear.

He lifted Beam's wet face and cupped it with both hands. Forth kissed his forehead, the tip of his nose, both cheeks, then Beam's lips. Forth let his lips rest on Beam's lips for a long time without moving. He missed the warm feeling of Beam's moist lips. He missed Beam's warm breath on his lips.

Beam sighed and closed his eyes when he felt Forth's lips move slowly, along the corners of his lips. Forth's tongue caressed his lips and slowly entered his mouth, searching for his. Beam greeted Forth's tongue with his and felt how their tongues danced a thick and warm longing.

Forth bit Beam's lower lip, teasing his exploding desire. Forth restrained himself and after licking Beam's lips, he withdrew. Beam panted with blushing face. Forth was tempted to repeat the kiss, but he didn't want to tire Beam. Beam still requires postoperative care and recovery.

Forth kissed Beam's forehead and sat on the chair next to the bed. He gripped Beam's hand tightly. "I miss you, my dear little doctor. I almost go crazy just thinking about you."

Beam scowled. "No. You don't. I'm like that. You just walk away, say nothing, even your cell phone is off. Everyone is looking for you, but you disappeared like a ghost."

"I'm sorry, Baby. I really can't say what I did, because things are still uncertain for me. I left without even having time to check the phone battery, or whether I brought a charger."

Beam wanted to ask again, but he knew that Forth probably really didn't want to talk about it. Beam rebuked himself in his heart, that he should be grateful that Forth didn't really leave him. Forth returned to him. Other things should not be too much thought.

Beam rubbed his cheeks and eyes. He shifted from his bed, making space next to him. He took Forth's hand and patted his side. "Come here, Forth, sleep next to me. You look really tired."

Forth climbed onto the bed and lay down next to Beam. He moved slowly and carefully so as not to hit Beam's stomach. The surgical wound on Beam's stomach hasn't healed yet and Forth doesn't want to make Beam in pain because he acted recklessly.

Forth reached out and lightly touched the top of Beam's stomach. "Does it hurt, Beam?"

Beam cupped Forth's hand above his stomach and smiled. "Not anymore. You make me fine."

Forth yearned to embrace Beam, squeeze his slender body and explore with his hands. Forth rubbed Beam's face gently and kissed his lips again.

"Get well soon, Baby. I can't wait to take you home. I miss you," whispered Forth. He stroked Beam's hair. "Go to sleep. I'm going to take a nap too. I'm so tired."

Beam nuzzled his head into Forth's neck and took a deep sip of Forth's scent. He closed his eyes and soon heard his soft snoring. Forth smiled and closed his eyes. He was almost asleep when he felt his cell phone vibrate.

Forth moved slowly to get up and returned to his chair, picking up the phone.

"Yes, Lam?"

" .... "

"No. Beam is sleeping. I almost fell asleep too. I'm so tired. That guy lives almost on the edge of the woods and he's very stubborn."

" ... "

"He refused my offered to stay in Bangkok, only asking that I keep this matter a secret from Beam. He seems to think he doesn't deserve to see Beam after what he did. He even chose Africa as his new place after all this was over. So, I offered to take carr for his moving there."

" ... "

"Beam didn't ask anything, even though I knew he would. I feel bad for him, but I have to. I don't want to lose Beam and I owe him my life too. You know, I love him so much."

" ... "

"You'll stop me, or at least hinder me if I tell you what my plan is. Besides, I'm still not sure if things will go smoothly. I'm just relying on luck and well... maybe a bit of a threat too."

" ... "

"Well, maybe in three or four days. Please just prepare everything he needs in the near future. One more thing, Lam, don't use company money. Just take everything he needs from my personal account. Beam is my responsibility."

" ... "

"Yes. Make the agreement as detailed as possible. Don't let a man bother Beam later with the excuses he has done now. Make sure he keeps his word. After all, he wanted that."

Forth hung up after thanking Lam. He turned around and was stunned. Beam was looking at him with a furrowed brow.

"What are you talking about, Forth? No. Who are you talking about?"

*****