thirty five

Mia woke up at 4 that afternoon, feeling refreshed after what she could only describe as the best nap she's ever had. When she woke up, Harry was still fast asleep in the bed across from her so she decided to play on for phone for a bit. But after an hour and a half of watching videos on the small screen and scrolling aimlessly through twitter, she suddenly got hit with the realization that that man could sleep for hours on end at any given time. So there was absolutely no point in waiting for him to wake up, because chances are he wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon.

Once the clock had hit 5:30, she knew she had to start getting ready for dinner and she knew that she needed to wake him up from whatever state of deep slumber he was currently in. Mia sat up in her bed, stretching out her arms and her body for a moment before she eventually climbed down. She glanced to the bed on her right, where Harry was absolutely passed out, and let out a loud sigh. 

After deciding for a few moments on the best way to wake him up, she figured it would just be quicker if she just opened the curtains and maybe the sunlight would blind him into waking up. Once she did that, however, she remembered that she was in the UK during the dead of winter and that sunshine just simply did not exist. Their window was full of rain droplets as she looked out at the gloomy clouds hovering over the city. 

Mia let out a sigh as she walked back over towards his bed, turning on the lights and towering by the foot of the bed. She decided to just jump onto the bed, onto her belly, in hopes that the sudden contact and shaking of the bed would wake him up. As she flopped down in the empty space beside him, her legs hanging off the bed as she landed slanted, a giggle escaped her lips watching as he twitched in his sleep. 

She watched as his eyes flickered open slowly, squinting from the light while his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he saw her laid there staring at him before he let out a loud groan, shutting his eyes again. 

"Miaaa!" He whined groggily, his voice raspy, as he dragged out her name once she woke him up.

Mia smiled as she watched him squeeze his eyes shut, his hands going over to cover his face as the sleep tried to keep a hold of his body. 

"Rise and shine!" She said in a voice that was much too enthusiastic for Harry to deal with right after being woken up. 

"Fuck off, ya dickhead." He groaned, rolling over to his side and attempting to pull the covers over his head. 

"Now is that the way to talk to the love of your life?" Mia teased, a smirk playing on her lips as she watched him pull the cover higher over him. 

"I'm getting mugged off right now, this is outrageous." 

Mia laughed at him, pulling the covers away from him as he looked down at her through squinted eyes. She watched as he adjusted his eyes to the room light, shooting her a dirty look as he did so. 

"What? Was the five hour nap not enough for you?" She rolled her eyes. 

"I was tired!" He exclaimed, glaring at her. 

"You act like we've been traveling for the last 24 hours, we took a two hour train ride." She scoffed, quieting down as he continued to give her a dirty look. 

"What time is it?" He sighed, finally starting to break out of his sleepy trance. 

"A quarter to 6, we need to start getting ready." She told him, propping herself up on her elbows and resting hands under her chin as she looked at him. 

"I still can't believe you've managed to drag me all the way out here just to see Rosie," He groaned, rolling his eyes and folding his arms behind his head to prop himself up higher, "I'm literally due to see her in 2 weeks anyways."