thirty one

Mia was stood in front of the front door to Cal and Harry's flat, scrolling through her phone as she waited for someone to open the door. She heard a ruckus going on as soon as she knocked, so she figured it would take a minute. 

A few moments later, the door went flying open and a very disheveled Cal was stood in front of her. Mia furrowed her eyebrows, quickly looking him up and down whilst wondering what put him in such a state. 

"...y'alright?" She asked slowly, confused at the state of him as she pushed past him and walked into the flat. 

She had walked into a flat that looked like something had blown up inside of it, the kitchen was an absolute mess with some sort of red substance splattered all on the walls. 

"What happened here?" Mia asked, stifling back a laugh once she saw his defeated expression as he caught up to her. 

"I've had an absolute stinker, I forgot to put the lid on the blender." Cal groaned, clearly frustrated with him self as he took in the mess he made.

Mia giggled for a second, and only for a second because of the daggers that Cal was shooting at her. She gave him a smile whilst shaking her head, before walking deeper into the kitchen to start cleaning. 

"What are you doing?" Cal asked as he watched her lean over the sink to wet a rag, ringing out the water. 

"Cleaning up, silly." She said as if it was obvious, "just sit down, you'll probably manage to make it worst if you help."

"Now thats a disrespect, I've been violated in my own kitchen." Cal huffed, going to sit by the dining table as Mia wiped down the substances splattered all over the wall. 

"What? You wanna get in on this action? Fancy a bit of housework?" Mia joked, raising an eyebrow at him. 

"Nah mate, looks like you've got it covered. I'll just be chilling here." Cal laughed, leaning back into the cushions dramatically, only to earn an eye roll from Mia. 

"You know for someone with a cooking show, you're quite shite." She teased him, rinsing off the wet rag yet again to start cleaning another part of the kitchen.

"You know for someone who can't even reach the second shelf of her cupboards, you talk a lot of shit."

"Now that's a violation" Mia laughed along with Cal. 

Lately it had felt rare for the two to spend time together, just the two of them. With Mia now fully in the group, they were never alone because they usually would just hang out with everyone else. Even when they went to Scotland earlier in the month, they took separate flights and hardly saw each other. But that was due to Mia avoiding him at all costs.

Now the one Mia was avoiding, but not at all costs, was Harry. She didn't even know what to say to him, where to start. He was currently at a Sidemen shoot, and when Cal casually mentioned it at JJ and Simon's house the night before- Mia made a mental note to stop by at what just happened to be those exact times. Even if it meant she was up earlier than she had wanted to be. 

After chatting and cleaning up the kitchen Mia threw in the towel, quite literally as she tossed the dirty rag into their sink and sat down across from Cal at the dining table. The two were trying to sort out the dates of their trip back home for the Christmas holidays, because this time they had agreed to go together. Well technically they had agreed to go together for Mia's mums birthday weekend as well but Mia snaked him. 

"6 weeks til we fly back, I'm absolutely buzzing." Cal grinned at her, locking his phone and placing it on the table.

"Speak for yourself, I'm back there over the weekend." Mia sighed, watching Cal as he raised his eyebrows at her.