thirty

Mia had practically gone into hiding following the events of the anniversary party, ignoring nearly everyones calls and messages. Even over a week later, she was just so embarrassed and felt so bad, she hadn't the slightest clue of what to say to them. While she did text most of them as soon as she got back home that night profusely apologising, she hadn't responded to anything since. 

What she did have to do whilst in the uber on their way home from the party, however, was message Talia and Freya to have them talk to Simon and Josh. She needed the girls to ask them to let Harry know not to message her or call her over the next few days. Mia knew that the girls would be able to convey how important it was that his name doesn't so much as pop up on her screen in front of Matt. Because it was important. 

While her friends had been reaching out, mostly out of worry, she appreciated that neither of the girls brought up the conversation that they had in the toilets. She didn't even have to ask them, they knew full well that a conversation like that is one that is best continued in person. The fear of Matt seeing those messages aside, she wouldn't have even known what to say. The past ten days felt like a fever dream, or a nightmare that just wouldn't end. She was overcome with guilt and anxiety, unable to even think straight. Every time she'd even think about fighting back with Matt, her guilt would kick in. 

Matt, who was absolutely fuming following the party, had insisted on staying in London longer. It had now been 10 days since his arrival and he finally had to get back to Scotland for work. He actually tried to insist that Mia come along with him, but she was able to calm him down. She didn't go to the airport with him, feeling too drained to do so and thankfully he didn't kick off about it. 

It was storming outside, proper pissing down as the days edged closer to the start of November. As soon as Mia got back into her flat after walking Matt down to his uber, she let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. It felt weird, being alone in her apartment after having him be with her for every minute of the last ten days. 

The first thing she did once she flopped down on the sofa was grab her phone. She scrolled through the messages of her friends checking in on her, softening up as she saw most of the Sidemen boys scolding her for feeling bad in the first place. After looking through everything for a some time, she figured it was time to give Talia a ring. 

"Took you long enough, where have you been?!" Talia's voice rang through the phone as she picked up after a few rings. 

 "Its just been a crazy week," Mia sighed, "Matt's honestly just left for the airport."

"Wasn't he supposed to be here just for the weekend?" Talia asked, confused. 

"He insisted that he wanted to stay for a while, if work didn't call him in I don't know when he would have left." Mia groaned, playing with the loose thread sticking out of the bottom of her top. 

"Well, at least he's gone now. Fancy coming 'round to Simon and JJ's? I can call up Freya, we've missed you loads." Talia said, putting a smile on Mia's face. 

"Sounds like a plan, I'll be over in a bit." Mia told her, before they said their goodbyes. 

Mia threw on a casual outfit, knowing that she wasn't in the mood to dress up and that it wasn't a dress up occasion regardless. She knew that Talia was probably going to be sat there in a pair of joggers and an old crop top anyways, and Freya wasn't likely to dress up too much so there was no point in stressing. After getting the signal from her phone that her uber was downstairs, Mia put on her rain coat and grabbed her bag before running out the door. 

The drive to Simon and JJ's flat was quick, as it really wasn't far. Everyone lived decently close by, with Cal and Harry being the closest to her. It wasn't long until she found herself knocking on the front door of their flat, waiting for someone to let her in.