fifteen

Mia Stone was infamous for being kind and bubbly, there were very few people in the world who disliked her. So for Mia to be out in the streets of London by herself, it was truly by choice. There was a handful of people she could have called to join her, despite the fact that she hadn't even been living there for 2 months yet.

When she was comfortable with a group of people, she truly was as social as one can be. But even then, somedays she tends detach from others and just keep to herself. She'd gotten quite a few calls and messages from her friends but she was just too drained to answer them, only giving enough of a response so they would't worry.

It was a perfect Thursday and she was alone as she walked around the West End. She had done some shopping and had a few bags in her hand as she enjoyed exploring the city and strolling down Regent Street. 

As she was about to turn and head into yet another store, something caught her attention. She furrowed her eyebrows as she saw small groups huddling around the streets, whispering and pointing down the road when she realized what they were talking about. There was a mini camera crew walking in her direction and what Mia was about to realize, a few of her friends. 

"Mia?" A voice called out causing a few other heads from the group to turn towards her, "Mia! I thought it was you!" 

Vik was the one who saw her and he was already heading over, Ethan and Tobi trailing behind him.

"Hey guys, you alright? You filming something?" Mia asked, doing her best to muster up all the energy she could so she wouldn't let on to her friends that something was wrong. 

"We're filming for Sidemen Sunday, we've been running around London for ages. " Ethan groaned.

"We were about to break for lunch, do you wanna join us?" Tobi asked, offering a sweet smile. 

Mia wanted to say yes, there should be no reason for her to turn down a chance to hang out with her friends on such a nice day. But there was a reason, the reason being that she wanted to go home and sulk alone. 

"I'm just..I'm swamped today guys," She explained, the first excuse coming into her mind. 

That was when Vik looked down at the several shopping bags she had hanging off her arms, and then back up to her confused, his thick eyebrows furrowing together. She picked up on this and scrambled to explain why she was out shopping when she was supposed to be swamped with work. 

"I uh, uhm..." She stuttered, "I was just taking a quick break, I was actually headed home in a minute." 

"Alright..." Vik nodded, letting out a deep and hearty chuckle, while he nodded his head with a toothy grin. Everyone knew it was an 

"Sorry guys, another time though?" She said, frowning. 

"It's a plan, next time alright. " Tobi grinned.

"I'll catch you at The Tavern tonight though right? For drinks?" Ethan asked, referring to the pub they all started to frequent any chance they got. Specifically on Monday's and Thursday's. 

Mia's eyes widened, it was Thursday. She knew she didn't have it in her to go, that she was drained in every way possible. Just like her bank account after the shopping she did only 5 minutes earlier. 

"Actually, don't think I can make it mate." She sighed, giving him an apologetic look. 

"I'm starting to think you have a problem with me, Mia." Ethan laughed, "You didn't go last Thursday either when I planned on coming. What's going on?" 

"No, no, no!" Mia exclaimed, "It's just been a crazy week is all, promise I'll make it up to you."

She offered him a soft smile but he just shook his head in a joking manner, trying his best to look disappointed but his smile was peeking through.