fourteen

"Sorry I'm late, the traffic coming back from the airport was mad." Mia sighed as she walked towards the booth in the corner of the pub, where a few of her friends were already sat. 

"You alright?" Harry greeted her as she slid into the booth next to him. 

"Yeah, yeah, how was your weekend? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." She said, a sad looking washing over her face as she pushed out her lip to pout.

Before he could respond, Talia cut in.

"You know, we're here too." She laughed, causing Mia to turn head.

"My God Talia, we just went out." Mia rolled her eyes, a giggle falling from her lips. 

"Yeah, but I wasn't paying attention to you at the dinner, there were more... urgent things that needed my attention." Talia shook her head, a smile playing on her lips. 

"Yeah, Tal, I picked up on that." Mia laughed, shooting playful daggers through her eyes.

"Pretty sure the whole restaurant picked up on that." Simon muttered under his breath, which got him a glare from his girlfriend. 

"Oh shut it, Si." She laughed, playfully hitting him. 

At that exact moment, the one in which Talia and Simon were playfully teasing each other, Mia was watching them with a fond smile on her face and a bit of envy in her heart. 

And at that same moment, Harry was looking at her with a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach. He could have swore in that moment that he could sit there and watch her smile forever. He could have also sworn that something was going on with him, because he was turning into a soppy twat.

Just as Harry was lookin over at her, he noticed from the corner of his eyes that the pub doors opened and Cal walked in. He quickly shook his head at whatever foreign thoughts had just entered it and nodded up at his flatmate who walked up their table. 

"You guys alright?" He greeted to no one in particular as he slid in next to Mia in the large booth. 

"Yeah, mate. We were just talking about Talia coming for Mia's boyfriend at dinner on Friday." Simon laughed out, shaking his head at his girlfriend. 

"Oh shit! Yeah, how was all of that?! Talia, mate, I hope you absolutely battered him." Cal said, perking up at the prospect of shit talking his least favourite person. 

"I would have if little miss 'perfect girlfriend' didn't get in my way." Talia muttered bitterly, sending glares in Mia's direction. 

"Yeah Talia, I am so sorry for stopping you from being mean to my boyfriend." Mia said sarcastically, "How will you ever forgive me?"

"I mean he didn't even know your-" Talia exclaimed before stopping half way. A look glistening in her eyes as an idea popped into her head. 

"He didn't know what?" Cal asked curiously, casually throwing his arm around the top of the booth, hanging it loosely behind Mia.

"Talia just drop it, it's not a big deal." Mia sighed, looking defeated. 

"Harry?" Talia suddenly perked, receiving a hum from him in return, "What's Mia's favourite drink?" 

"Uhm.." He started nervously, his eyes quickly going between his 3 friends while he attempted to think, "It's a vodka lemonade, right? Doesn't everyone know that?" 

A satisfied smile appeared on Talia's face as Harry turned to look at the girl to his right, searching for some sort of confirmation on her face. But she wasn't looking at him, she was looking straight across the table to Talia. And her smug expression.