twenty six

When Mia landed in London after 3 days of visiting Matt in Scotland, it was raining an insane amount. It seemed like every uber from the airport had already been booked, and it took her nearly an hour to be able to get one and get on her way home. After a weekend of nonstop arguing and fighting, she just wanted to be back in her flat. 

As she was climbing into the car, her phone started to ring inside of her bag. After sitting herself down, she reached inside her purse and fished around through the loose receipts and gum wrappers until she finally grasped at her phone. 

Incoming Call: Talia

"Hello?" Mia spoke into her phone as she attempted to balance it on her shoulder whilst struggling to get her seat belt on. 

"Oh good! You've landed!" Talia exclaimed on the other side of the line, her voice clearly excited. 

"Yeah I've only just gotten in my uber. I should be home soon, you alright?" Mia said as she finally successfully clicked her seatbelt in, finally grabbing a hold of the phone that was balancing on top of her shoulder blade and holding it against her ear. 

"Am I seeing you tonight?" Talia asked once the two caught up, talking about her flight and what videos Talia was filming after not having talked for a few days.

"Of course you are! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages," Mia smiled, even though she knew Talia couldn't see her. 

"It's because you're never here anymore! This is like the third time you've flown back this month, it's getting quite ridiculous!" Talia exclaimed, her voice annoyed. 

"I know, I know. I'll tell you all about it soon, we'll catch up tonight." Mia sighed into the phone. 

"Alright, sound. You and Harry aren't walking over tonight, are you?" Talia asked, sounding curious. 

"Are you mad?! I'm not walking through this rain!" Mia laughed loudly, causing the uber driver to glance at her through his rearview mirror. 

"I was just making sure!" Talia giggled, defending herself, "I never know how far you and Harry would go to spend time together alone anyways."

Mia groaned, rolling her eyes, "Those tweets were out of order by the way, I can't believe you posted that." 

"And I'd post them again, so don't expect an apology out of me." Talia laughed, clearly not sorry. But Mia didn't expect anything else from her, simply rolling her eyes at the girl as the wrapped up their conversation. 

Once she hung up the phone, Mia realized she needed to call Harry to see what the plan was for that night. They almost always went together, but Mia had either missed the last couple because she was out of town or because she was avoiding Cal. And possibly Harry, a little bit at least. So even the ones she did go too, she showed up far after Harry or on her own. But they had agreed when she was at his flat that they'd go together, but she wasn't too sure because of the stormy weather. 

Before even realizing, she had already pressed his contact and her phone was being held up to her ear. She listened as it rang, thinking to herself how Harry was probably the last person she'd ever call in a real emergency, considering he was shite at picking up his phone. 

"Your name on my screen? Well isn't this a sight for sore eyes." His voice, deeper than she was expecting, rang through her ears as soon as he picked up.

"What are you on about, I call you all the time!" Mia giggled, her laugh more high pitched than she had thought. 

"Well clearly not enough if I'm sat here surprised." He said, laughing lightly.