41. Ice and Fire

Bianca's POV

"And that's everything the message says," Sadie told us as she read the encrypted message David had just sent her.

"Do you think he wants to kill them or recruit them?" I asked her.

"Judging by the pattern Angelo has been following, both David and I believe that he wants them to work for him," she stated with a sigh and proceeded to type something in her laptop.

"I'm going to hack into the cameras near the place we bumped into Melanie's mother. Maybe we can find something useful," she elaborated.

"Do you think he has already found them?" Nathan wondered.

"Most likely yes. It's already been around a couple of weeks since we bumped into her, Vinati has had plenty of time," Alec replied.

"How is Mel feeling about all of this?" I asked Sadie with concern.

Melanie was the type of girl who liked to hide her pain as much as she could, even though sometimes we could see through her. She preferred to put others' happiness before hers, even if that meant suffering on the inside.

At my question, Sadie lifted her gaze from the screen to look at me with a worried look. She gave me a hesitant nod, silently telling me that she hoped so, even though it wasn't quite probable.

"I think we should attack, Vinati," Hunter broke the silence, making us all snap our heads to him.

"Care to elaborate?" Nathan asked him.

"I want to get rid of that fucking bastard now, bro. If we let him attack first every single time, he will win! We need to act or else it will be our downfall, I assure you."

"Do you have a plan?" I asked him.

"I don't have one yet, but we have to think of one or I swear the next time I see him, I will strangle him," he hissed.

"First of all, calm down. And we will make a plan when the rest is here. For now, we will focus on finding information, got that?" Alec ordered in a powerful tone that would ave everyone following his every command.

"Fine," he grumbled angrily and stormed off the room, probably not trusting his mouth in this moment.

If I've learnt something about Hunter, it's that he can be quite a hothead and doesn't think before he speaks when he's mad. But he's still smart and he doesn't want to test Alec's waters, so he'd rather leave than infuriate him.

"Ok," Sadie cleared her throat. "I've hacked into the cameras, now I just have to check—."

"No, not you," I cut Sadie off and she gave me a confused look, so I elaborated.

"Sadie, you and David have been working restlessly lately. You deserve and need a rest."

"I'm fine, I assure you," she tried to dismiss the topic, but it won't work.

"Sadie, it's an order. You're done for the rest of the day," I sternly said.

She opened her mouth to object, but I gave her a look that told her not to. Sadie is and has always been a very determined woman. She always completes her tasks, but that's taking a toll on her.

She's been stressing herself a lot with this mission, especially since the party. She spent the last couple of days getting information on the guests that attended the event, and now she wants to keep working on this. I appreciate her dedication, but it's not healthy. I can see her exhaustion and the dark bags under her eyes. She needs to rest, no matter what she says. Plus she could use some time with Nathan.