39. Drunk Tales

Hunter's POV

I groaned against my pillow as I opened one eye and looked at the alarm clock resting on the bedside table. Almost 3 am. I couldn't even fucking sleep. Curiosity was killing me.

Before leaving the hotel, Massimo let us take the security tapes with us so we could watch them at home. We knew the girls knew something about what happened inside that room that we didn't, and whatever that was, there had to be some type of clue on those tapes. And we were right. We checked them before heading to bed and we saw Vinati going out of the room followed by a blonde woman. We don't know who she was, but we're pretty sure she had something to do with Audrey after seeing the state she was in.

I'm not going to lie, I was worried about her. I don't even know why, because I barely ever worry about people that are not especially close to me. But when I saw her fake smile, I knew there was something wrong and I could help but want to find out what. She may think she's perfect at hiding her emotions, but there are times she fails at it.

Focusing on my surroundings, I heard a faint sound coming from downstairs. It looks like music, but who the fuck would play music at 3 in the morning? My senses were alert now. I knew the chances of an intruder sneaking in and playing music were very, very low, but a chance is still a chance.

I got up from bed and opened the first drawer of the bedside table to grab my gun. I headed downstairs trying to be as quiet as possible and not caring that I was only in some sweatpants. Nearing the kitchen, the sound could be heard more clearly. Definitely music.

With my gun held up high, I walked into the kitchen, but stopped at the doorway when I saw the scene inside. I lowered my gun and tugged it into my waistband as I looked with concern at the female figure in front of me, who still hadn't noticed my presence.

A highly drunk Audrey was laughing and singing by herself. She was still wearing her sexy dress but no shoes, her makeup was slightly smudged and her hair was a mess. She could barely stand still and was stumbling on her own feet. She had a bottle on her hand, a bottle of what I recognized to be vodka. How much has she had to drink?

"Audrey?" I called her, my tone laced with confusion, and she turned to me. She was startled at first, but as soon as she recognized me she started giggling to herself.

"Hunty!" she shrieked and I groaned at the nickname.

"You came here to join me? Come on, let's dance together," she ushered me as she took my big hands in her small ones and started swaying side to side.

"I'm not going to dance," I deadpanned.

"But I love this song!" she retorted while laughing.

"And don't you have a more suitable time to listen to it?" I chuckled drily.

"What's the fun in that?" she whined, making me let out a sigh.

"Audrey, you are wasted," I said more seriously.

"And?"

"And? Well, I think it's time you go to bed. You will already have a killer headache in the morning, I don't want to have one too for dealing with this spitfire all night," I told her.

"So you want to go to bed?" she smirked and went to kiss me, but I gently pushed her away before our lips touched.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You just said it's time to get me to bed, huh? So let's go and have some fun," she whispered seductively.

I smirked at her. But, as much as I would love to have some fun as she said, I don't want to take advantage of her drunk state. If I was going to screw her, then it was going to be when she could think clearly and was sober enough to make her own choices.