38. Savannah

Audrey's POV

As soon as those words left my lips, both of their heads snapped to me, holding victorious smirks. They knew that this scene was hurting me and they were enjoying it as the heartless bitches they were.

I glanced at Angelo for a second, flashing him my most hateful glare, and then I turned to the woman beside him. She had her hair perfectly styled and was wearing a beautiful golden dress, which looked quite expensive if you ask me. I wonder where she got the money from, because last time I saw her she definitely didn't have much.

"Long time no see, little sis," she said.

"Savannah," I gritted.

We were both immersed in a never-ending stare fight, analyzing each other with our eyes. Never did I think I'd see my sister again, and much less in such situation, but here we are. In a hotel room with one of the most dangerous gang leaders in the world. And she was making out with him just a minute ago.

I came out of whatever daze I was in and quickly picked my gun up. Unfortunately for me, Savannah also grabbed her own gun and held it up high. We were now pointing the firearms at each other as if we were enemies instead of sisters. One wrong move and we were both dead.

"Nice family reunion, isn't it?" Angelo taunted with a dark chuckle. Fucker.

"But you aren't going to kill each other, right? I mean, it's not time for that. Yet," he added and Savannah smirked as my eyes darkened.

"What are you doing here, Savannah?" I asked her bitterly, ignoring the bastard's words.

"Oh, can't I spend time with my boyfriend?" she said, feigning innocence. Wait, what?

My eyes widened in surprise once again after hearing those words, but this time I didn't lose the grip on my gun. Because if I did, then it would be the end of me.

Not even a second later, approaching steps echoed through the hallway, and I made the dumb mistake of turning around to see who it was. Right when I was about to turn back around, I felt a strong pain in the back of my head. I fell to the floor with a thud and I saw through the corner of my eyes how Angelo and Savannah scurried away.

"This is not over, sister-in-law," Angelo laughed before they left.

"You bastard!" I screamed at him and hissed at the throbbing pain in my head due to the loud noise.

"Audrey!" Sadie's agitated voice exclaimed from the doorway, making me snap my gaze to her.

She ran towards me with a worried expression and crouched down next to me. She studied me, taking in my state, and looked at me with a questioning look, silently asking me what had happened.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words could be formed, no matter how hard I tried. Now that the adrenaline had worn out, I could only feel the immense sadness flood through me. Not being able to contain myself any longer, I launched into her arms and started sobbing.

I could tell she was shocked by my actions, but nonetheless she hugged me back and rubbed my back soothingly. I know she meant for it to be comforting, but that only made my crying intensify.

I cried and cried. I didn't want to care, but I did, more than I'd like to admit. Even after everything that has happened between my sister and I, I still couldn't find it in me to just not give a fuck. Maybe it's because I know she's being fooled by Angelo. I don't know much about him, but I don't think he is the girlfriend type of man, and especially with the huge coincidence of her being my sister.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw David coming into the room with a ragged breathing, probably because he came here running. When he saw the scene, he stopped on his tracks and looked at us worryingly.