Chapter 78: Asher POV

Hey guys! SiSi here. If any of you guys didn't get the announcement, Emma won't be able to be on Wattpad much. She said she would try to sneak on a bit though. So, for now, this book is on hold or slow updates until she returns fully. Sorry guys!

This is a chapter in Asher's POV 'cause he's so cute! But don't worry, I'm actually going to try to do another chapter today as well. ;D

SiSi out.

I flipped my backpack to my front and sifted through the metals and wires in my bag.  I sank into a chair and pulled out my latest project.

To bare, normal, human eyes, it would seem like a simple homemade drone (I hadn't cleaned up the hanging wires yet).

But to me, it was a work of art.  Something I created with creativity, wits, and my own two hands.  

I made a few adjustments to the battery I had revised from an old toy, put it in my creation, and screwed the panel over it.  

I smiled and pressed a button on the side.  When nothing happened, my face fell. 

Then I mentally slapped myself.

The battery isn't charged with air, dummy, I told myself.

I shook my head at my amateur mistake and carefully removed the battery.

I looked at my surroundings and finally noticed where I actually was.  It was a small room with a few other chairs and a table.  Everything was dull white and grayish. 

No wonder I hadn't paid any attention before.  

I jumped out of my seat and went over to the one outlet, battery and wires in hand.  I didn't have any base for my wires, so I whipped out my screwdriver and started working on getting the mounting bracket screws off.  

Once I finished, I palmed them carefully in my right hand--I was a lefty--and started working on the main outlet screws.

Once I was done, I removed the outlet to reveal the wires beneath.

Neutral.

Hot.

And ground.

I had done this a million times, gotten shocked a million times, and learned my lesson a million times. 

This wasn't any different.

I connected hot to ground and hot to neutral.  I attached my battery wires to the mix and carefully set it down against the pale wall.

I was so excited to see if my creation would work that I sat and stared at the charging battery for hours.

When it was finally ready, my eyes were twitching and my legs were sore and cramped from sitting.  

My hands rushed forward to start working on removing the battery.

"AH!" I screamed suddenly as I felt the familiar non-comforting ripple in my fingers.  I was in such a rush I hadn't been careful not to touch the hot wire.

I groaned and shook off the awful feeling.  I carefully put the wires back in their place and screwed the outlet back.

I held my battery up to the light and smiled at his beauty. 

The kind of beauty that would make people either roll their eyes or turn away in non-interest.

I smirked as I put it in my creation and screwed the panel in place.  

I turned on my invention and grabbed my phone from my bag.  

I finished the last few codes for my app and started it up.  I typed in a series of commands and watched as my drone left the ground. 

It was so silent, it seemed like my whole world was on mute.

I shook my head at it's normal appearance.  Then I sat back and let the magic of tech take the wheel.

Suddenly, the drone faded from view.

My smirk turned into a laugh, and I flew to my feet.  If I wasn't such a controlled child, I would have ran around the small room and jumped on every single chair.

But I contained my excitement and watched the empty looking air.

I had created the first ever invisible drone.

A/N Isn't Asher so cute? I wish he was my real little brother! Don't forget to comment! -->

Also the video in chapter 28 is up! If you guys want to check it out. 

Ciao,

SiSi