Terms and conditions 33.

"Hello." She said. I opened my eyes. I was sitting in a dark room. I looked around. I stopped when I saw a figure.

"You again," I said. My voice seemed to echo. She got closer.

"It's good to see you again." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I want to say the same but..." I said. She smiled and nodded.

"I get it. I've been so lonely. It's nice to know that there is someone out there that carries my blood." She says. I shook my head.

"You still haven't told me who you are," I said standing up and walking toward her.

"You're not ready for that yet." She said with her hands behind her back.

"I have faced... a lot. I'm sure I can handle someone's identity" I said with a scoff. She smiled and looked up at me.

"We both have quite unique names," She said grabbing something I couldn't see. She pulled it in front of her and sat down. I'm guessing it was a chair. She rested her head on her hands which were folded over the front of the chair. " My name is Charmaine. Charmaine Diyoza." She said smiling. It hit me.

"You're..." I said drifting off of my sentence.

"That's right... The Grinch" She said making a snarling face and chuckled. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Her face rested. "Oh come on. You guys didn't have it did you. That is a major bummer" She said standing up. I sighed.

"What do you want from me? And why do I keep having these... visions?" I asked looking around at the darkroom.

"We're connected. Not just by blood. I am in a state where I'm sleeping but not aging. It has been boringggggg." She said. I sighed and crossed my arms. "It was boring until... I saw a path open. I was just floating around in la-la land until... It was you who needed my help" She said pointing at me. I shook my head.

"I don't need help. The ones who need help are my friends-"

"God, you're just like your mother" She said cutting me off and standing up. "Just accept it." She said. I huffed out a breath and thought about it. 

"I'm not going to worry about the science behind this but... how long are we going to do this?" I asked sighing.

"I can contact you whenever I want. I did it when you were asleep last time because you were in distress. I'm basically your personal Fitbit" She said. I furrowed my eyebrows. She scoffed again. "You missed out on so much." She said while shaking her head.

"Yeah, whatever. Can I wake up now?" I asked. She nodded.

"Until we meet again, Xania," She said saluting me. I scoffed as everything faded.

I sat up. I looked around. "It's about time." A voice said. I looked over. It was my father.

"Dad?" I asked rubbing my head.

"We need to talk. You missed a lot." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, um," I said moving my stuff over off of the bed. "Here," I said patting the bed. He sat beside me. "So... What is it father dearest?" I asked. He sighed.

"There is a grounder blockade around the camp. Anyone who tries to leave is killed. Sinclair is in jail... That's really all you missed." He said. I nodded and rubbed my thighs.

"When do I leave?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry Xania but... you can't get outta this one. You have to stay here." He said standing up.

"Wh- What? What do you mean I have to stay here." I said standing up. "I'm the muscle I'm the stronghold. I'm the one that fights the battles if anyone is going to war I'm going to be there." I said.

"Enough Xania!" He yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Are you seriously benching me?" I asked. He sighed.

"It's what I have to do to keep you safe. I'll come and get you when we need you. For now... Keep yourself busy" He said.

"Wait," I said as he walked out and shut the door. I pulled on the door. "Dammit!" I yelled as I hit it. He locked it from the outside. I sighed and looked around. I sat down.

An alarm blared. I stood up. The door swung open. "Let's go!" Harper said. She grabbed my arm and pulled me out.

"What's going on?" I asked as I ran with her.

"your father needs you in the garage. We're giving Pike to the grounders. Hurry!" She yelled. I skipped a bit then started sprinting toward the garage.

"About time," My father said as I got into the rover. He took off. He sped through the camp. He shifted gears and sped up toward the gate. Bellamy ran out and pointed guns at us. "Get the hell out of the way Bellamy!" My father shouted.

"Should have killed me yourself" Pike said.

"Go," I said to my father. He turned off the car.

"What are you doing. He'll move out of the way" I said. More guards surrounded us. They opened up the doors and pulled us out. They pushed me onto the ground. I groaned.

"As you know. the terms of martial law and of the Exodus Charter give me both latitude and ultimate authority in determining both of your punishments." Pike said. I just continued to glare at him. They had handcuffed my father and I. "Do either of you have anything to say for yourselves?" He asked.

"Nothing to you," I said.

"I admire your adherence to the rule of law. I really do. But these are times when we have to look beyond the rules. To realize they were established to serve a world of the past. Not of the future. I beg you one last time. To see the world as it is. Not as it was. Or as you want it to be." My father said. I looked over at him. "And I hope you believe that if I thought for one minute that turning myself over to the enemy would secure the safety of our people, I would do it. But only a deluded man would believe that. And only a guilty man would try and tell him so." Pike said leaning down to my father. "Marcus Kane! Xania Kane! For the crimes of treason, kidnapping, and attempted murder, I hereby sentence you both to death. Take them" Pike said.

"She's just a kid," My father pleaded. I looked over at Bellamy. He had tears in his eyes. Maybe now he would realize he was on the wrong side. They lifted my father and I up and took us out of the room. "I'm sorry," My father said. I shook my head.

"This isn't the end. It can't be." I said looking over at my father. He furrowed his eyebrows. "I saw mom," I said. He continued staring at me.

A/n- Sorry for not updating for so long. I just got my glasses