Bodyguard of Lies 23.

TW: Su!c!dal thoughts

We set up camp just out of reach of the acid fog. I was sitting around a fire. I was sharpening my knives when Octavia came up to me. I looked up at her. She had face paint on. I raised an eyebrow. She sat next to me.

"Nice cosplay," I said looking at her. She smiled.

"Looks like we're going to be cosplay buddies," She said raising up a container. I looked at it then at her.

"No way," I said looking at her.

"come on. I have a perfect Idea" She said smiling at me. I just sighed.

"I'm not going to be able to stop you am I?" I asked her.

"Nope," She said shaking her head. I just sighed.

"Fine," I said turning to her. She squealed then looked into my eyes. She turned her body so that we were facing each other. She grabbed my face and turned it upward. "So... What's so 'inspiring' about me?" I asked as she started putting the paint on my face. She smiled.

"You wanted me to ask that didn't you?" I said with an unamused look on my face.

"yep" She said smiling.

"Well let's hear it," I said with a sigh.

"You're always putting other first. You say you lack empathy for others yet... You saved my life Xania. You chose me over your own blood. I want you to know I'm grateful for that. Very" She said as she looked into my eyes. I stared into her eyes. They were bright baby blue. But they had a shade of green in them somewhere. It was like I was staring into the oven. Except you could see the most beautiful seaweed under its blue waves.

I continued to stare at her until she cleared her throat. I could feel my cheeks heat up as looked off to the left. She laughed at my embarrassment.

"It's okay. I know how enticing my eyes can be" She said smiling. I just laughed nervously. "Don't worry we're almost done" She said. I nodded. "In all seriousness though, Xania. Thank you for saving my life" She said. Her voice was different I could hear the seriousness behind it. her voice was... scratchy yet soothing. Like when you rub sandpaper against a bar of soap. I looked up at the sky.

"you're welcome and don't fret about it" I said staring at the stars. She just sighed and continued painting my face.

(^^This is Xania's face paint

(^^This is Xania's face paint. Ik my art sucks T_T)

Octavia looked very satisfied with the result. Since I didn't have a mirror I could only guess that it looked good.

"Trust me. You look great" Octavia said looking at me. I smiled. Octavia looked up behind me. Her smile faded. I looked behind me. It was Clarke. I smiled. She smiled at me and sat down.

"Everything okay?" She asked looking at Octavia. I looked at Octavia as well wanting to know what was wrong.

"I've been going over it and over it in my head just trying to figure out how..." She said looking up at Clarke. "...you're still alive," Octavia said tilting her head.