Join or Die 39.

I was trying to sleep. Octavia and Jasper kept fighting. The car stopping fast didn't help. I groaned. Octavia jumped out of the car. I got up. I groaned at the pain in my arm. Clarke got out and helped me out.

"I'll take a look once we get there," She said. I nodded. I could hear water in the distance.

"you hear that?" Octavia said.

"Water." I said.

"let's go," She said. I followed her quickly.

Everyone was out of breath as we stood inside a circle of rocks. They were stacked on top of each other. I looked over. Octavia sat down on top of a rock by the ocean. I sighed. She screamed out. Everyone just wasted their time leading here.

Octavia was starting a fire. She managed to get a large fire going. I sighed. "Lincon wouldn't have put this spot on the map if it wasn't important," I said.

"I agree," Bellamy said. He reached down to pick up Lincon's journal. Octavia grabbed it.

"Don't touch that!" She yelled. Everyone just stayed quiet.

"I'm gonna go find something to eat," I said.

"Be careful" Clarke said. I nodded.

I released the arrow and it landed right between the eyes of a deer. I jumped down from the tree and walked over to the deer. I made sure i hadn't punctured any of the intestines then picked it up. I groaned at the weight. I began making my way back to camp.

"What that man tried to do to your friends... It got to you," Diyoza said. I looked over at her.

"We killed over 300 people in that mountain. Children that had no idea what was going on" I said. She continued walking beside me.

"They wanted to kill every single one of you to be able to walk outside without dying," She said. I looked down. "They could have been nice about it but they forced you to," She said. I sighed.

"I needed to protect everyone," I said. She looked at me. She sighed.

"You know about my previous time as a navy seal," She said. I nodded.

"Well, a part of the job is watching your friends die." She said. I looked at her.

"Whether it was a child with a bomb strapped to them or a stray bullet to the head... They all died and there was nothing I could do" She said. My eyes lingered on her for a little.

"Children with bombs?" I asked. She looked at me.

"The world has always been chaotic. Parents would wrap bombs around their children's chests and send them toward the wall of soldiers. Everyone loved kids back then" She said. I furrowed my eyebrows. I stopped walking. "What is it?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Maybe... I should become the commander. Just for a couple of minutes. Just enough time to get everyone to fight back against Allie." I said. She smiled.

"How would you do that?" She asked. I smiled.

"Everyone loves the commander," I said.

I was close to the camp when I heard something. I looked and saw the campfire wasn't lit anymore. I dropped the deer and pulled out my bow. I ran toward the smoke. I circled the campfire and looked around, staying on guard.

I could see footprints but no trace of my friends. The ashes from the fire were still hot. They couldn't have left too long ago. It looked like there was a struggle. Allie must have scouts everywhere— even here... I have to find a way to meet up with the others.

I left the Rover in case I was wrong and the others might come back. I was nearing Arkadia. I had walked all the way. It was almost dark by now.

"Stop!" I heard Miller shout. I looked up. I raised my hands.

"It's me," I said.

"Where are the others?" He asked.

"I don't know. I turned my head and they were gone." I said. He didn't move his gun from pointing at me. Harper joined his side. She raised her gun and pointed it at me.

"Come on guys," I said impatiently.

"How do we know you're not chipped?" He asked.

"Why the hell would I come here?" I asked.

"Because you know we're here," Harper said. I sighed. I thought about it.

"You threw my necklace into the fire and Clarke burned her arm grabbing it," I said. He stared at me.

"What's that supposed to prove?" He asked.

"It's a painful memory," I sighed.

"Why?" Harper asked.

"Because I let Clarke get hurt. I could have grabbed that necklace myself but I didn't get to it in time." I said. Harper's gun lowered slowly. Miller didn't lower his.

"For christ's sake just shoot me!" I said. A gunshot rang through the air. I fell to the ground. "What the fuck?!" I shouted. I clenched my jaw at the pain in my foot. "Fuck you too!" I said flipping off Miller.

"Oh, god," Harper said. I groaned. I felt hands on my back.

"I hate you," I said deadpanning at Miller.

"You told me to shoot you," He reminded.

"Is sarcasm a foreign language to you?" I asked. He shook his head.

"This was a gay-on-gay crime, Miller. I think you need to be floated," I said looking up at Miller. He laughed slightly. Raven smiled. "How am I going to attack people at Polis with a bullet in my foot?" I asked. Miller sighed as his eyes didn't move from my foot.

"Where are the others?" Monty asked. I shrugged.

"They disappeared. I thought maybe they left without me, but there were signs of a struggle in the sand." I said touching my foot. Harper had patched it up and Raven gave me some ibuprofen.

"I think we should wait it out," Monty said. I looked at him.

"It's up to you guys really. I'm just a single entity." I said. Everyone looked at each other. They nodded.

"We're waiting," Raven said. I sighed as I stared at my injury.