Survival of the fittest 19.

I was walking alongside the grounders as we entered the Ark. My father was talking to the grounders. I was listening when someone tapped me. I looked over. It was a man. He was around the same height as me. "What?" I asked. He just stared into my eyes. I looked around. I noticed a grounder was standing in front of Murphy. I walked up behind him.

"Hey," I said trying to get Murphy's attention. The grounder knocked the cup out of Murphy's hand. Murphy pushed him in retaliation. The grounder fell back into me. I got knocked down. I shot back up. The grounder looked at me. I looked at him. I walked toward him. I pushed him out of the way and went for Murphy. I got up in his face. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"Xania..." My father warned. I turned to look at him.

"Conner escort Xania, and Mr. Murphy out, please. Two days work detail for Murphy." My father said.

"What!" Murphy shouted,

"Would you like to make it three?" He said taking a step toward Murphy. I just huffed and walked out of the Ark.

All of the grounders were fighting showing us their moves. I was standing next to Indra. "Who's next?" She asked.

"I am," Octavia said. "We're supposed to train together right?" She asked standing next to us.

"Ony warriors train here," Indra said.

"I am one," Octavia replied. Indra just looked at her. "I saved your life," Octavia said.

"And I'm saving yours" Indra said walking away. I looked at Octavia.

"If you want to train so bad you got the best pair of hands right here," I said putting my hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me.

"Fine," She said as she dropped her sword.

"There's an open area over there," I said pointing to our left. She nodded. The guards were practicing their shooting. "Ready?" I asked looking back at Octavia. She nodded.

Octavia seemed distracted as we were fighting. She left her left side open so I kicked her ribcage and dropped down to sweep out her left leg. She fell to the ground as I did so. "You are distracted," I said putting out my hand for her to take. She looked to her left. The grounder's were watching us. She swatted my hand away and stood up. I just raised my hand in defense.

"Xania" Indra said walking toward me. She looked at Octavia then at me.

"You will fight Jhon," She said looking at me. I looked behind Indra.

"I'm Guessing the one glaring at me is Jhon," I said looking back at Indra. She nodded. I walked over to him. I nodded at him and bowed. He seemed confused as to why I was bowing. "I was taught most of the training techniques the Ark could find. It shows respect to those who have trained me" I said looking at him. He just didn't say anything. He got into a fighting stance. I did the same.

"I've been told stories about the NightRipa. I will put an end to them and that foolish blonde girl once I return to Tondc," he said.

"Are you threatening Clarke?" I asked looking at him. He didn't say anything. I took that as a yes. Now, this was serious. I switched my fighting stance to where my right elbow was down and my left elbow was up in a diagonal position.

He lunged for my right. I blocked it with my right hand and struck him right in the chest with my left foot. He stumbled backward. I could see a group gathering out of the corner of my eye. I had to focus on this fight right now. He yelled and ran at me. I moved out the way and punched him in the side repeatedly. He elbowed me in the gut. I backed up as I held onto my gut.