𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

GOAL 10+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

+++

IN THE MIKAELSON SAFE HOUSE IN ARKANSAS is Rebekah hanging a festive wreath on the front door of their safe house. When she returns inside, she finds Elijah leaning against the fireplace, thinking.

Rebekah looks around cheerfully. "Well, isn't this place rather nice!"

Rebekah picks up a bottle of wine and examines it.

"Nik must have compelled a wine-lover to keep it up, because I found a 2005 bordot! Fancy a sip?"

"I appreciate the sentiment, Rebekah, but I do recognize when I'm being handled with kid gloves."

Rebekah sighs and puts down the wine.

"How are you feeling?"

"Patronized."

They both look down at Rosie, who is laying in her play pen, cooing.

"I am here to protect you."

"I know you mean to, Elijah—"

Elijah interrupts. "And yet, you find it necessary to render me unconscious before bringing me here?"

"Well, you weren't yourself! And I needed to get us out of that diner. What happened back there?"

Elijah is obviously tense. "I don't know. Niklaus sent me to protect Rosie. My job is to keep her safe."

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
Elizabeth and Kol are performing a spell involving a small cauldron full of a potion and a large straw poppet. The two chant together as they dip the poppet into the contents of the cauldron.

"Protéger sa scandalum subsisto..."

"...Se pa toi inquia subsisto l'écoulement..."

"...Subsisto venenatis impedit l'écoulement."

They put down the doll and look at each other.

Elizabeth sighs. "It's finished, but I'm afraid it's not enough to protect Cami's body from Esther's magic."

"I might know a way to distract you from your troubled mind?"

Elizabeth smiles and laughs. Marcel storms into the room and glares at Kol.

Marcel is clearly unamused. "You can take this seriously, or I can lock you in a coffin like your brother Finn, if you prefer."

"No. No, I'd prefer you to bugger off, because this spell needs time to cook in peace."

"Cami doesn't have time. Esther can jump anybody into her body right now."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, but she's not going to jump anybody. She's going to jump Rebekah, who just happens to be miles away. But, fair dues, Marcel, I think I'd be a bit testy, too, if my old ex was about to jump into my new ex. I think that would be a bit, uh..."