𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

GOAL 10+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

+++

THE CRESCENT WOLVES WHO are staying at the compound are congregated in the courtyard when Elijah enters the room.

"Brother! Niklaus!" At the sound of Elijah's voice, Hayley walks into the room to see what is going on.

"You do realize that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?"

"Where is my brother?"

"I'll check his calendar. Wait, no. Not his wife, so..."

Elijah is clearly annoyed. "Hayley, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command. Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass."

Hayley is unamused. "Klaus left a while ago. If you want to find him, I can't help you. If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck." She turns and walks away, but stops and turns back at the last moment.

"Oh! One more thing, Elijah. Those "beasts" that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems." She turns to leave. Elijah stands and stares as she walks away, looking unhappy.

THE FRENCH QUARTER
The All Hallows Eve party is still raging on in the streets as Cami exits Vincent's office. She calls Elizabeth, who answers it.

"Finally, you pick up your phone! I've been trying to get a hold of you for days! Way to leave a girl hanging."

"I know, I should have called you back. I didn't want you to worry. I just... things are complicated." She watches while Davina helps Mikael trains with a wooden staff out in the yard.

"Yeah, well, word on the streets-- and, by streets, I mean Josh, is that you've gone totally MIA. Seriously, are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm fine. I'll be back soon, I promise. And... thanks for calling. It's good to hear your voice." She hangs up on Cami and returns to the cabin.

"Liz? Liz?" She sighs and checks her phone to see that the call has disconnected. Behind her, Klaus is standing and smirking.

"Well, that was rather rude!" Cami turns quickly and gapes at him in shock, which makes him smirk in amusement.

"Well, it's a pleasure to see you, too, Camille!"

"Don't...Don't do that crooked-smile thing, okay? I haven't see you for months, and now you're... appearing out of the blue? What do you want?"

"Well, I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with, and at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch."

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found."