𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

GOAL 10+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

+++

ESTHER STILL IN CASSIES BODY LIGHTS CANDLES WHILE she prepares a breakfast in the greenhouse. A starling chirps in a cage nearby while Esther begins cracking eggs into a bowl, mixing berries and herbs, and writing an invitation in fine calligraphy. She smiles as she looks at her work, and puts the invitation onto a silver platter with a lid

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
In the courtyard, Elizabeth is munching on an array of fruit and other breakfast food when Klaus comes down the stairs to join her.

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?"

Klaus is confused by her statement. "It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..." Klaus gestures to the food on the table for emphasis.

"Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" Elijah returns to the compound and joins them in the courtyard, and looks confused when he hears their conversation and notices the breakfast spread in front of them.

"This wasn't my doing..."

Elizabeth frowns. "Then, where did this all come from?"

The silver lid on the platter suddenly begins to rattle, which startles Elizabeth and Elijah so much that they jump in fright for a moment. Klaus looks uneasy and lifts the platter, which releases two starlings that fly up toward the ceiling, causing the three to reflexively duck to avoid being hit. They all look puzzled and nervous.

"What the hell was that?" Elizabeth asks a little frightened. Klaus reaches for the invitation and opens it. It reads, "Dinner, Your Home, 8PM."

"An invitation from our mother." Klaus and Elijah stare at each other in concern, Elizabeth is sat with her mouth wide open not having been informed that Esther was alive again.

Klaus stares at the invitation while he stands on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter. He eventually turns to head back into his bedroom, where Hayley is laying flat on Klaus' bed.

"It is times like this I'm really glad I never knew my mother."

"We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family."

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through our baby's heart. I will happily add to the body count." Klaus smiles at Hayley as Elijah enters the room.

"You will do no such thing. Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host."

"Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul."

"Well, then. We have—" Elijah pauses and checks his watch. "—this afternoon to prepare for the worst." Elijah leaves. Hayley rolls her eyes, which makes Klaus smile.