Chapter 25

Jason's POV

I look out the window while Justin is comforting Natalie. I'm not good at that and seeing people cry and hugging, it's just not my thing so I pretend that I don't hear them. Instead I think about Danielle. My heart aches for what we're about to see. I think we all know that we'll either find her dead body or she'll be really hurt. I try to count how many days she's been in there but all the days has just kind of flown into each other lately. We've all been up several nights trying to find anything that could help us but still it feels like we could've tried harder. Like we could've gotten here faster. I keep thinking that what if yesterday was her last day alive? What if we were that close? If I just would've followed her to the bathroom after Natalie's trail, would this have even happened? I still don't know why he wanted her in the first place.

"Hey, Jason. Look where we are." Justin's voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I look around.

"Holy shit."

"What?" Natalie realizes herself from Justin's arms and looks out the window.

"This is where we grew up," Justin says.

"Ontario, Canada. Oh, look there's Avon Theatre. Do you remember that, Justin?" I grin at his blushing cheeks.

"What?" Natalie says again.

"My dear brother sat on the stairs with his guitar and tried to get enough money for us to go to Disneyworld."

"Yeah, it's when I thought I could sing," Justin mumbles embarrest.

I roll my eyes. "You can sing. I don't understand why you never entered that singing competition. You would've become a superstar."

Justin rolls his eyes. "Whatever, that was years ago. Thanks for the trip down memory lane."

"Sing," Natalie demands.

Justin looks slightly horrified. "No."

"Yes. You have to do it now."

"No."

"He stopped singing when he didn't make enough money for three tickets to Disneyworld. It's a shame really."

"Jason, shut up. Seriously."

I hold up my hands in defence, realizing that I've stept on a nerve. Natalie also seems to get the hint because she doesn't ask him to sing again.

"We're here," Liam says from the front seat.

"Here?" Justin and I ask at the same time.

"Yes, here."

"It's a church?" Natalie asks confused.

"Yes, grab a bible and let's go."

Liam jumps out of the car and we follow.
He opens the tailgate and opens a big bag. "Take a gun and or a knife."

"Do you have a plan for how we are going to do this or is it just shoot now, think later?" Natalie asks and grabs a gun and a knife.

Another car arrives before he can answer and Chris and Damien steps out. "Here?" Chris asks.

Liam rolls his eyes. "Why is everyone asking that?"

"Because it's weird. Why would they hide in a church, I'm pretty sure they're not doing anything that god would aprove to," I hiss.

"Shut up!" Natalie shouts angrily but her eyes looks sad.

I sigh and put my hands on her shoulders. "I'm sorry but it's true. But we are getting her out of there, okay?"