Chapter 53

These are thoughts
Kageyama and Mizuki communicating telepathically

~~~

Mizuki pov.
We receive the serve. Then, Kageyama and Hinata do their freak quick. We get the first point.

Lev almost blocked that though...not good.

We continue playing. We receive the ball again  and it goes to Kageyama.

He sets it to Hinata, to do their freak quick, but Lev jumps infront of Hinata, blocking him.

Noya tries to save it, but doesnt. Nekoma gets the point.

Holy shit, he just blocked it. And it looked like he did it so easily...

Kageyama tells Hinata that he's going to do more regular quick attacks for him.

I see Kenma takking to Lev too.

"Hey Kags, Sho." I go to them. "I think Lev is gonna do more read blocks, since you're going to do more regular quicks. Be careful, and try not to get blocked."

They nod, and we go back in our spots

Nekoma serves, and I receive it. Hinata runs up to the net, as if to spike the ball.

But Kageyama sets it to Asahi, and Lev almost blocks him.

Nekoma spikes it back, and they get a point.

Keishin calls a timeout.

"We're doing well." He says to the team. "They're watching our attacks carefully, so when we play against Nekoma, let's mainly have Azumane and Zuki attacking."

I nod reluctantly.

Aren't we here to train though? To get better? I don't think we'll do that if we stay on the defensive.

The set continues. Nekoma serves it on our side, and I glance at Kageyama.

Just a quick attack.

He slightly nods, and he sets the ball to me.

I run up to it and jump, but I see Hinata coming for the ball at the same time.

I freeze, and he jumps into me. I reach for the ball before I fall, and I dump it to Nekoma's side.

It falls on the ground, and we get a point.

I try to land, but I fall. So does Hinata.

Everyone is quiet. I quickly get up move to help him.

"Sho, are you ok-" I start.

"I'M SO SORRY ZUKI!" He bows and starts apologizing.

"Sho calm down, it's okay!" I help him up. "Don't worry about it. Plus, we got the point too!"

He smiles and nods.

"Watch your surrounding idiot!" Keishin yells at Hinata, pointing at him.

Then, he points at me. "Zuki! I know you can somehow talk to Kageyama telepathically, but no one else can do that! You have to call the ball, dumbass."

I sigh and nod.

I see Hinata talking to Kageyama.

"For our super quick attack." He says. "I'll start opening my eyes."

Again, everyone is quiet.

"I can't keep doing this. I can't keep hitting sets that are just for me." Hinata continues.