Chapter 32

These are thoughts
This is Mizuki and Kageyama communicating without words

~~~

Mizuki pov.
The team gathers around Keishin.

"I'm sure their first shot will be a powerful serve. Dateko discourages their opponents right at the beginning and they crush with their serves and blocks.

"Receive the first ball, and get it in the air!"

"Yes sir!"

He looks at me.

"We'll break through their wall." I say.

Keishin smirks and nods.

The team makes a circle.

"Karasuno, fight!" Daichi yells.

"Yeah!" We all scream.

We go on court, into our strongest recieving positions. Nishinoya is at the serving spot, with Asahi beside him and Daichi beside Asahi. Hinata is infront of Daichi, and I'm beside Hinata and Kageyama, who is on my right.

Dateko is playing with the same positions as the first round.

I glance at Kageyama, who nods.

Dateko serves, and Daichi receives it. Kageyama gets the ball, and sets it to Hinata to do a quick attack.

No eyebrows follows him, and Futakuchi does too.

Hinata barely hits the ball, and we get a point.

I stand there, surprised.

Shit. Read blocking. It'll be hard to get past...

We rotate, and Kageyama serves. It goes right Dateko's libero, who receives it. Their setter sets it, and no eyebrows spikes it.

Nishinoya dives to receive it.

"Crap! Zuki, cover it!"

I get under the ball.

"Back!" Asahi calls.

I hit it high up, the height Asahi likes his sets to be.

He runs up, jumps and spikes it. Dateko blocks it. It hits the ground, and they get a point.

Dammit. We gotta break through their block.

I sigh and smile. "Hey Kags!"

He turns to me, and nods. We kinda also ended up being able to talk to each other without talking. Which is kinda funny.

Dateko rotates, and serves. Noya receives it, and it goes to Kageyama. I run up to the net, and he sets it to me.

No eyebrows does the read blocking, and blocks me.

Crap.

Then, the ref says that Dateko touched the net, giving us the point.

I sigh. "That was lucky. I'll get the next one though!" I say to the team.

Then, it's my turn to serve. I bounce it a few time, then I throw it up in the air. I run up to it, jump, and I hit it to the back left corner.

It lands in the court fast, and bounces out. We get a point.

"Nice serve Mizuki!" "Another one!"

I get the ball again and throw it in the air. I run up and jump, and this time I hit it to the right corner. It hits the lines in a blink of an eye, and we get another point.