Chapter 1

Authors note: Ocs in this chapter are taking in English.

Also, this chapter doesn't really have much about volleyball or the team or anything like that. (sorry bout that), this is mostly just what happens before she goes to Japan, so ya.

(These are thoughts)

~~~

Mizuki pov.

I wake up in the morning, just to have the sun shining in my eyes.

Crap, stupid sun. What time is it?

6:50

Oh shit I'm gonna be late.

I change into a hoodie and sweatpants, and run downstairs. I take my bag and my luggage (packed the day before), and a bag of chips to eat on the way.

I see my friend, Spencer, in his car waiting for me outside.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry I didn't set up my alarm"

"Well, hurry up, you have a plane to catch, lazy ass" He gets in the car

"Shut up dumbass"

I put my luggage in the trunk and get in the car. Then, he started driving.

Fast.

"Spence, slow the hell down! Your gonna crash into something"

"I won't, plus I have to get you to the airport fast. This is what you get for waking up late, baka."

"... shut up" I say. I eat my chips quietly and think to myself

I'm almost gonna go back home!!!!!!!! I can finally see nii-san, and gramps! Maybe if they remember me, I can visit Aki-nii, and bedhead, and his friend what was his name again-

"Get up Zuki, we're here."

"Hm? Ok..."

I get my stuff and go inside with Spence. We go inside to get on the plane.

~~~

Time skip to when they get the tickets and stuff
~~~

Finally, I get the tickets, and wait for the plane to arrive.

"We have a whole hour till the plane comes! And you said we might miss it." I whine.

"Its better that we are here a bit early." Spencer says in an annoyingly calm way.

"A FREAKING HOUR! What the hell am I supposed to do for A FREAKING HOUR?!"

"Calm down, jeez. I'll get you some food, ya?" He offers in a stupidly calm voice.

"... fine, asshole."

We go to some store, and we buy some chips, burgers, and drinks - more like Spence bought it all.

We walk to some seats with my stuff and eat in silence.

After a few minutes, Spence asks:

"You excited to go back to Japan?"

"Ya, of course! I really miss home, even though I don't remember much of it..."

And we continue to eat in silence.

Jeez, this is awkward.

"Ummmm, do u wanna play some video games?" I ask.

"...sure"

I take out my switch and give a controller to Spence. Then we play some video games.

We played in silence.

*sigh* this is really awkward. Spence would usually be talking right now, and winning a few rounds, so somethings obviously up...

After the fifth round, I put down my controller. I look at Spence.

"Ok, what's wrong?"

"..."

"Come on Spence, tell me! Maybe I can help?"

Is it because-

"Well, how would you feel when your best friend is leaving you." He mumbles.

Crap, knew it

"I-"

"I'm just really gonna miss you, Zuki. You've been my friend for years now, and your like a sister to me..."

He starts tearing up.

Nonono please don't cry, your gonna make me cry

I hug him.

"I'm gonna miss you so much too. But please don't cry, your gonna make me cry." My eyes start watering. He laughs a bit

Don't cry, keep a smile on your face Mizuki.

We hug for a bit, then I say

"What if I stayed here?"

Spence pulls away. "What?"

"What if I here in Canada? I mean, I could totally move to Japan later, and-"

"No." He said.

I look at him a little confused.

"You gotta go to Japan. You've been planning this for months!"

"But-" I start to protest.

"I said I was fine with you going, and I still am. We can call each other when you are there and maybe I can visit or you can visit."

"But-"

"Shut up dumbass, you're going to Japan, and I'm not gonna let you stay."

I stayed there in shock. I didn't expect Spence to say that. My eyes start to water again, and I hug him.

"I'm really gonna miss you Spence."

"Same here, Zuki."

Again we hug for a bit, and then Spencer puts his fingers to his chin and says

"Come to think of it, this is the first time I've actually hugged you in a while. And remember last time? You-"

I pull back, punch him and laugh.

"Shut up, I told you not to mention that anymoreeeeee"

We laugh and continue to play video games.

~~~

Time skip to when the plane arrives
~~~

"You have everything?" Spence asks.

"Yup!"

"I'm gonna miss you a lot."

"Same here."

We hug. Then, I turn towards the entrance to the plane.

"Remember to call and text me when you get there, and on the plane take some pictures and send them to me if you can and-"

"Shut up Spence."

"You better do it or I'll post that picture of you t-"

"I HATE YOU BAKA"

"Bye Zuki!"

I sigh. I smile to him and wave.

"Bye Spence."

Then I enter the plane.

~~~